Days: HUGE SPOILER! It's official!

• Members

I wouldn't be surprised if they did bring back JT... Probably where they are headed. Glen/Barb will probably die in some freak accident and they give custody of JT to Bo/Hope.

Hopefully.

I'd rather Chelsea die than Zack. And it was SO obvious when they started actually USING Zack this past month, and all those cute moments. You know they did that so there could be flashbacks galore.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My thoughts exactly. And, if the show's still around, that's a good deal because JT is connected to a major couple but not related by blood- it could, in theory, help them mix it up more easily in the future.

I also agree with whoever said this is what Days needs. It makes me want to tape and watch, just out of curiosity (well, this and the potential for good Carrie/Sami stuff). They'd better be careful with the follow-up, though. They haven't exactly been good with that.

The Kristen potential-return deal...not as exciting. I don't know if I'd be willing to sit through the magic mask/plastic surgery excuse that would be necessary to write the character back in.

• Members

He's really not that important to the future - we have Theo, Claire, Will, and Abby.

I'd say he or Theo are the most expendable babies because BOPE already have Shawn, and they're probably going to bring J.T. back to be the next generation, as well.

• Members

But he's their real son not JT...I dunno how people can just write him off like that for the sake of story..It's still their kid...

JER has to be planning on getting rid of Chelsea very soon, I would hope so for the actresses sake if anything. i hope she is mentally prepared for what she's about to get.

• Members

We aren't writing him off we just don't see him as the end all to be all. He is the future sicne Days already has lots of young stars (they got the 30 somethings I still consider yound, the 20 somethings and then Abby, Max and that other girl who I loath and hate). They can also go and bring back some young people like Stephanie Johnson or some young Brady or Horton kids. They have Theo, Claire, Jack Jr...they have lots of future here. JT would allow them more flexibility to pair him off when he is aged and there are lots of stories you can do with him since he had lots of health problems. Bope raised him so he is just as much their kid as Zach just like Zach is just as much Lexie and Abe's kid as Theo. This won't kill Days or its future. It is not desperation and it won;t be cancelled because of this. If this story lives up to the hype and what is being said (and I think it will since Ali sweeney said KA and the story was phenomenal and that article about Days going for emmys sounded real promising), it will garner Days respect, media buzz, and big ratings and maybe even emmys (don't jinx it). I love Zach but bad things happen in life and this is a soap opera and this stuff happens beause without drama we don't have shows.

I can see the outrage and I am sure Days expects it but I this is about the story. Will this hurt like hell to watch? Yes and that is where it will succeed and be a great story. That is what its supposed to do-this type of story is designed to create uproar since we care for Zach. We watched him grow up and finally reunite with his parents 2 years into his life. Drama like this is suppsoed to hit you in the gut and tug at your heart and make you mad, sad, angry, etc. That is what makes a show great and has been what many great soap tales have done successfully on many shows. There is outrage whenever a belvoed character is killed but sometimes it is necessary for conflict and the future. Days has had this in mind for awhile-you can tell-and its not lazy or senseless. We will see the purpose for doing this in the new year and then we can sit back and truly evaluate whether this was right or not. My gut tells me that people will be surprised at how good this is and how Days could ever pull this off as good as it did. Just a feeling. :)

• Members

Sorry, but I think you are obviously living in your own world regarding DAYS. You are still saying how ratings are great while in reality DAYS already losts their winning in 18-39 cathegory, is not doing good in HH and is barely holding in 18-34, where is it only a matter of time when GH will win. (DAYS is now only 0,2 points ahead) No matter what a spin Corday tries to give it, this story is not about giving Bo/Hope a huge story or making everyone believe DAYS is really changed and totally different show. This is just an another Reilly´s crazy attempt to destroy Bo/Hope, so he can have his quadrangle. I´m willing to bet as soon as B/H split over this, Bo will stay at Billie, who will be the only one on his side, while Patrick will side with Hope and give her his support. That´s the only reason why this story exist.

Btw. It´s laughable to believe B/H will get some emmy material from this. Jack´s dying could be a very powerfull story for both M/M, but Reilly never writed it that way, its only purpose was to force Frankie between them. Heck, even Abe´s blindness could have been very interesting, if Reilly actually cared atleast slightly about this and don´t make Abe blind just to give Lexie some reason to have affair with Tek. Why you believe this will be different? It will not. Reilly doesn´t care about writing real serious deep human drama. He is making all these potentialy very interesting stories just to force his crazy ideas onto characters. Yes, some people are able to accept his manipulation, but most of them sees this as a character destruction. This is going to be perfect example and combined with already very negative approach most of DAYS viewers have, it can easïly result in a disaster.

Archived