Days: HUGE SPOILER! It's official!

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The way I understand it Bo covers it up not takes the rap. That is where all the conflict will be. He then gets caught when some other officer informs everyone that they know who did it. Bo could very well lose his job over this too since I think he will cover up a crime. This story is gonna be so good. I hate Zazh dying but its gonna be tremendous to watch all this play out.

On a side note, boy was Days laying it on thick today with Zazh and Santa. I was in teras-the dialougue was so sad to hear given what I know now and Zach was so cute. Heartbreak city here we come.

By the way message boards are in a fury over this and this seems like the only mostly positive board about this story. I don't understand why-people wanted good drama and now they say they are sick of the show being destroyed. This will not destroy the show I mean my god this story will be rooted in history and will be a huge umbrella tale for the core familes and a core couple. Its a soap meaning drama is necessary. People complained before about it being supernatural now it goes serious and like a traditional soap and people still aren't happy. Some Days fans bu the hell out of me :lol: .

Was the fan uproar like this over Cassie's death on Y&R like this? I remember watching it and it was very well done. I am hoping Days does Zach's death very similar. Same thing with the GH story with Maxie and BJ. What was the fan response to that-I thought it was great but I don't know whether there was an uproar over the GH and Y&R stories like there is over this one on other boards. Just curious because I think this story is great and I can't understand how it would be destroying Days. Its drama damnit!! :angry: .

• Members

Not a huge Bo and Hope fan, but I think some of the general fan uproar is simply that fans are sick of death and dying on this show. The Salem Stalker killed several fan favorites throughout (maybe they didn't stay dead but still!) Then we have Jack dying of a mysterious illness all summer and finally "dying" in a car crash on Thanksgiving. Now, baby Claire is also dying.

I think some people are just sick of all the doom and gloom lately - especially for the holiday season.

• Members

Well there has been too much but my problem lies with people that say this is senseless and that Days doesn't need this story. I think it does so everyone can see that Days is not the same show that had a brainwashed psychitrist "kill" several citizens who ended up on an island. It has changed for the better sicne summer and I think Days needs to show that by doing a attention grabbing story like this one that is not for shock value but to create endless possibilities for the future. That is how I see it anyway. I see some fans' point but to think this will kill Days is realy dumb. If anything it could be just what it needs.

• Members

The majority hated the story. It was well done, but Cassie's death was unnecessary.

The problem with a storyline like this is is it shows that the writers cannot do anything else. So JER can't come up with a Bope storyline so he decides to kill of Zack? That's lazy! Y&R did the same thing, Cassie's death ended up being a huge mistake in the long run.

I don't see how this can be a good thing, lots of good drama and performances will come out of it for sure, but in the long run? Nah.

• Members

You can't really compare Cassie and Zach in my book.

If DAYS tried to kill off Christie Clark or Alison Sweeney when they were younger, then I could see the comparison.

But Zach has never really had a story. He barely has lines. I don't feel connected to the character OR the actor. The actor hasn't really GROWN UP on the show - although I can see the argument that he has, I don't agree with it.

If the fall out sucks, then I will be mad and regret it.

• Members

Yeah I agree with KR-I should have never asked because you can't compare. As soon as Bope got Zach from Lexie we never really saw him except on holiday and special occasions. I don't see this as lazy because its a great story. I mean you can't do anyhting else with Bope. Higley tried to return them to adventure stories. In fact, Higley tried to make Days what all these viewers who want their couples happy wanted-a show about couples being happy with no conflict. The result was a show of no interest and simply people talking. There was very little conflict with the exception of a few things here and there. Bope can't have adventure with a kid around-it makes them look irresponsible like it did when they were bounty hunters. This will free them up and will creat lots of affects for many on the canvas. Dyas is not doing this for shock value. That post about Days going for the emmys says it all-they have written a tremendous sotry tht will front burner Bo and Hope. The fallout won't miss IMO-I think Days is serious this time about doing this right. I also think that if basklash is too great they will bring back JT but I think once peopel see it play out they will realize how good of a story this is. I repeat this is a drama and alot of times in real life its not fair. Tradgedies often happen in bunches and that is what is happening on Days. Its not lazy its drama and conflict and is what every soap needs to thrive. It won't kill Days in the long run since Zach was never seen and they could just bring JT or have Bope have another kid or something if they want to.

I doubt it Evan-the ratings won't nosedive because HH and demos don't always refelct fanbases unless couples break up. This is the type of story that brings ratings up-a character with ties to the canvas's core familes dying to save another child. The only way it backfires is if people refuse to watch because of JER still writing but the people who count int the ratings don't care about that. They want quality and something attention grabbing. That is why this won't flop IMO because if its as good as it sounds people will watch and stay. The people that won't will be the people that don't count in ratings and such-mostly the rabid fanbases. JER has been doing great of late and I think this will be great-and this is coming from someone who felt the same as you about him 7 months ago. Its horrible yes but soaps need drama and Days hasn't had something like this in a long time. It needs this IMO.

Archived