Y&R: Episode Discussion for the week October 19

• Members

Today's show:

- Restless Sh!t is a huge waste of time and space. Seriously, who gives a f.uck? This thing is such an albatross to the show, and it had lots of potential in the beginning. I could care less about Billy wanting it, because even if he does own it, would have it anymore of a purpose on this show? I don't think so. Phyllis should sell it to someone else and it should be the last we see of it on this show. It's pretty damn lame Restless Sh!t represents the biggest professional aspect on this show, a show that used to be so rich in that area. Restless style is to Y&R what Fushion is to AMC, that's not a good thing.

- Of course Traci is leaving, there's nothing left to do after she single-handedly carried the lame death of Colleen and that story on her back. They really used her to manipulate the audience. :rolleyes:

- Adam and Sharon still disgust me, I do not need to see any romantic relationship between those two given what Adam's done. This character is seriosuly irredeemable and needs to be punished severely. I hate that his crimes will probably be whitewashed by this horribly hack writing regime.

- I had to LAUGH when Jack told Billy that they two of them could take on Newman Cosmetics blindfold. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: . You mean from this writing regime that thinks Restless Style is a professional/business storyline and people having an occasional meeting at Newman counts as a business story? Newman and Jabot have been so watered down and made irrelevant on this show. Such a shame. Adam's story at Newman looks like a joke too. Maybe I would like the story if all three Newman siblings weren't so hallow, and void of personality.

-While Eileen is good, I'm not feeling the Ashley story. I know it's a front for Ashley going crazy once again, so it's all false. I don't think I can be fully happy with Ashley until she gets some of her dignity back by finding out what Adam did and rakes him over the coals for it. It also doesn't help that Ashley seems like a big plot point and has very little personality these days.

- Michael Muhney is so damn miscast and so damn bad in this role. He really needs to go, and so does this lame ass interpretation of Adam.

-It appears they'll be whitewashing Adam's criminal history forever now. Oh joy. :rolleyes:<_<

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

We can agree on Muhney - and Julia, your pont about the blindness affecting his acting is good, but he's so hammy in a bland way that I think giving him his sight wouldn't help a damn bit.

But Ashley is a turn of character, not plot. Her new POV is fascinating - to give her daughters everything Victor gave to Nikki. It creats a lot of natural conflict.

And the only way RS could be interesting is seeing Chloe and Billy forced to be in close proximity to each other. I like it. Billy gets to go rogue, and lash out and be..well Billy.

Adam needs to be punished but it's on a slow burn, and if he's still slithering free by February we'll have something else to agree on.

• Members

I agree, I don't but him as the siblings of Morrow and Heinle. He also looks older than them, when he's supposed to be much younger.

Muhney's scenes with Heinle today were the epitome of coma inducing. Two miscast and horrible actors together...

Traci will be missed, but yeah, it's better she didn't stay. We wouldn't want her dead or victimized. It's sad that characters that can being some semblance of heart to the show aren't contract characters and the hack writers have no long-term interest in characters like that

• Members

I think this is a front on Ashley's part that will lead to yet another breakdown, which is boring to me. How many has she had this year alone again? I also see very little rooting value in Ashley and why she would want the Newman ranch, a place that should be filled with bad memourites for her at this point.

Billy and Chloe do that everywhere else. Restless Style shouldn't exist for that purpose alone. From day one, it's had no purpose on this show, especially with more magazines going out of business than usual in this economy...

MAB's said he's a future star of the show and that she sees a long future for him. Unless plans change suddenly, I think we'll have to put of up with this mess of a character for a long time...

I think his crimes will be whitewashed and overlooked.

With Eric Braeden

• Members

That doesn't seem like Billy to me, it seems like a generic Hogan alpha male.

I feel very sad about Victoria. This character just dies a slow death onscreen, a little more each day, each week, month, year. I still think they should do a secret drug addiction story for her.

I wonder if Miguel might get to come back.

• Members

LOL! too true. It's equal parts writing and casting. And those running the show don't seem intent on wanting to fix at least one of those parts...

That's exactly what he is. Poor waste of the character shoving him down that path. This whole Restless Style thing doesn't add up. What experience does Billy have in publishing? Restless Style already has no purpose on this show, why does Billy need it and how is it going to be any less useless with him running it? But I bet they're making the story up as they go along, like everything else on this badly written show.

• Members

You don't? I was absolutely cheering Ashley on yesterday. Oh hell to the YES! Finally showing up Victor's preference for his "golden" Nick and Victoria to the detriment of his other secondary kids with this ranch request (it also gives added impetus to why she has bonded with Adam). I especially loved the way she put Nikki's reconstructed nose out of joint when Hamster-hair huffed n puffed about Ash taking away the home of a poor, sick, old man. Well, "sick" and "old" are right, but Victor has more money than God and could easily build his own personal dungeon anywhere he wanted. I hear Transylvania is lovely this time of year.

Perhaps the writers believe that Ashley's actions speak of her mental anguish, reflect a growing craziness? I don't. Girl is speaking sense for the first time in months. So what if this is explicitly done to piss off TGVN and his permanent echo, Nikki? Ashley overheard him pledging undying love to his ex after she'd just "birthed" his child following months of physical upheaval! She has every right to be seeking compensation (and a bit of retribution) from these two for having toyed with her and led her on all these years in their can't-live-with-you-can't-live-without-you drama.

I do agree with you about the ranch, given its spooky associations for ashley. But I suspect this is more about getting NikTor back than anything else.

That is an awesome SL idea! However, TPTB's unwillingness to "touch that" makes me wonder about those rumors a few months ago about AH's own personal demons. Perhaps a SL like that would cut too close to the bone.

• Members

Oh, and for the first time ever, I actually liked the Restless Style scenes. Chloe and Phyllis are a breath of fresh air together, and I even like the idea of Billy buying the magazine up. Finally some boardroom SLs. But I'm prob biased as I quite enjoy Billy Miller. His slickness is overkill in the family scenes, though, which is why he works best in business stories.

And why is Traci going?! TIIC need to wake up and realize that the Abbotts are one of Y&R's core families, if not THE core family. Especially now, with what's coming up with the Newmans. Seriously, Ash needs to be taking over Jabot at this point in revenge. Ash vs. Vamptoria! :lol: jack needs to be worming his way in, too. Either that or have Neil hire him at Chancellor and lord it over both Jack and Jill. Business SLs with emotional fall-out! I am craving them at the moment.

• Members

About as sick as his "friendship" with Assley (as she's now being called elsewhere). As I think about it, however, in order for him to keep the baby switch ball in the air he would have to befriend both ladies and yes even get intimate with one of them if that's what it going to take to keep that ball up there.

Almost forty(40) something Cane is starting to look and act like twenty(20) something Lily's father. Is there no way to get rid of him?????

Devon is back, and IMO, TIIC now have another chance to give him the story he's been deserving of for quite some time (years). It will be interesting to see if they use this chance to rectify at least one AA storyline.

Archived