Y&R: Episode Discussion for the week October 19

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'd make him more conflicted. His bumping of uglies with Tyra should have been played-up as just a daliance on his part-- a way to stick it to Neil who has not been much of a role model. He should never have been "the good son", there shouldn't be any understandings of any kind between him and Neil over the Trya insident. Those two should be at WAR!! THERE SHOULD BE CONFLICT.

His relationship with Roxie has never really been explored, so now we're susposed to believe she's going to forgive and forget after catching him in the act. PLEASE!! She should make his a ss crawl thru dog doo to get back in her good graces. There should be conflict.

The anger over losing his anchor (Dru) should have started simmering in his toes building up over time until it (the anger) exploded when Karen left, the Neil/Tyra mess came to light and Aunt Della Resse dropped her "I thought you knew bomb". That boy should be constipated with conflict.

But that's just my opinion.

• Members

Yes, yes yes!!!!

This was always my thought.

I have some questions about whether Bryton is really the right casting...for the hard, angry "next Victor Newman" that I imagine Devon SHOULD be. But I have to give Bryton credit, because he is probably the best actor of color on Y&R right now...he visibly cares more than either KSJ or CK.

So, even if they stick with Bryton, I'd much rather see the conflicted, angry, destructive Devon you describe. That would be real. I truly believe Devon should be the heir to Victor Newman's throne. Because when you are born in an environment of distrust and lack of love, you never FULLY get over that...no matter what. The damage is too early.

I really wish we could see YOUR Devon! Unfortunately, I think this regime is scared to play a (justifiably) angry man of color. And I also don't trust that they could handle the story as anything but a caricature at this time.

• Members

Who the heck is Ryder's mother? Sheila?

Anyone else disgusted that when Lily realized that Devon slept with Tyra, she was more shocked about him doing that bc he hated Tyra for messing up Neil's marriage to Karen, instead of the fact that Tyra is his aunt

• Members

OK, I posted this in the wrong thread the first time:

I wonder if Y&R purposely stole this whole SEC investigation storyline from the headlines? For awhile there were accusations that Apple was lying about Steve Jobs health when he had is organ transplant.

Archived