Y&R: Episode Discussion for the week October 19

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Could Ryder's mother be Isabella Brana?

That would make Ryder "Ricky"...Paul's son. They're both blond men.

I don't know why Isabella would want to hurt the Scoobies, but she'd hate Michael for his role in her downfall. So breaking up Michael (with whom she had a torrid affair) and Lauren might make sense. It would also suggest that Paul might be her next victim (until she still carries a torch). But two psycho women at once, both with a tie to Paul...unlikely.

Why would Ricky test positive as Terrible Tom's son, though? That would have to be a "frozen blood swindle", like Cane and P3 did. That one would be hard to explain...but it could be something as simple as "Isabella paid off the lab tech".

• Members

Do we really need more lame stories that require us to suspend too much disbelief? Who is in charge of the strategic planning for this show? They should be fired.

One would assume Paul at least keeps contact off-screen with Ricky and how he's being raised. I highly doubt it's Isabella though.

Probably yet another soon to be botched and lame Sheila return.

• Members

Oh, it's a bit awful to be speculating which psycho from the past is returning. To join the many other psychos in town.

But that's the show.

So, that's the game to play. And I cannot deny--stupid as it is--I'm a little intrigued.

• Members

Finished the show and it is everything we've been demanding, family interactions, business storylines, JILL. I've had my hopes dashed too often to believe MAB has seen the light but his one episode deserves to be watched. Even Patty and her psychiatrist was enjoyable.

My only gripe is that they should have had SH wear some kind of fake teeth and contacts as Patty to differentiate between the two. Some things can be changed, but others cannot and hair colour alone is not enough for me.

I'm annoyed not to get the second segment of the Mr. Kitty saga because I buy my Internet in Canada and not the US. I really think that banning things from countries just encourages people to steal.

• Members

Now THAT'S a theory, eh Mark?! She's scarred and pissed that she had to sleep with that ugly guy who played Tom Fisher and now she's out for revenge on Amber, who plays the role of the blonde bimbo with a heart of gold much better than she ever could on not one but TWO soaps while she waited tables. But now she's back...and oh so bad. Brittany Hodges - Ryder's MOTHER!!!!

• Members

If it involves Jill being used to prop Billy, that's not what I've demanded.

I'm happy if Lauren will get more storyline, but if they want us to care about the possibility of she and Michael being split up, then why were they ignored for the entire year? Or is this going to be a story that is about them in name only?

• Members

Just watched today's episode, or most of it.

I liked seeing Jill put back into Jabot (I still get confused as to how Katherine has the power to make such decisions at Jabot -- I think I'm still in the days when Katherine just sat at the mansion and occasionally talked about who ran what at Chancellor). I liked the tension between Jack and Jill and then after Jack left, Jill told the PR guy or whoever to announce that Jill Abbott is back where she belongs. Yes indeed!

Stacey Haiduk is certainly making Patty and this therapist seem different. She looks very severe in this new role. She reminds me of the wonderful Barbara Steele, who played Julia Hoffman in the primetime remake of Dark Shadows.

Billy with his family once again ended up with Billy making every conversation all about himself. We also got more of the usual "poor me" Billy in his scene with Jack. Why won't you give Billy - who has all these qualifications for running a magazine, he swears - a huge loan Jack? Why are you so mean to Billy? Don't you know that Colleen died, so that means Billy has to blow his moneywad on a tacky magazine? Then we got the bizarre rewrite from Ashley that Billy had been so helpful to her, when he left her to rot on that ranch for nearly her entire "pregnancy". The only one I could tolerate him with was Traci, who managed to calm him down. He's always so hyped up and his eyes look kind of crazy. They should have a drug addiction story for him.

I think the clock is ticking for the next Ashley breakdown. She apparently does not own a hairbrush, or clothes which fit her.

The brief scene with Katherine and Nikki was nice, and the moment with Nikki and Paul. I find it sad how Nikki is basically resigned to life with Victor.

• Members

Yeah, I'm pissed at Maria right now, and even more so because I LIKED today's show! And you know why everyone (Except the professional bitchers) are liking this show now? Because in the form of Dr. Emily Peterson, Jill back at Jabot, and Ashley raking Victor over the coles... this is the first semblance of a strong female characters wev'e had in MONTHS, since the last time Nina was on in front burner status. And I agree with Badzoe, they should have at LEAST given Haiduk some brown contacts to play the good doc. IT's bad enough her voice is the same, but they could have at least done a better Diana prince/Wonder Woman thing here. Since we were used to seeing Mary Jane with her hair up, or straight... they should have PERMANENT glasses on Emily Peterson, brown contacts, and a long, luxurious mane of soft curls. (What am I saying!!!! that's asking the hair stylists to be COMPETENT!)

Archived