Y&R: Episode Discussion for the week October 19

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

We all called it. They used Traci because they had to in order to make this ratings stunt work. Now it's over and she's gone, never to be seen again. These stories for vets like Nina, Esther, Katherine, Jill and Traci are like their swan songs. When people say "where is X character?!?!" they'll remind viewers of the big story they previously got and say they rotate the characters. Then they'll be able to bring in tons of new characters and not get any flack for it.

• Members

I love, love, love this turn in Ashley.

Ashley didn't replace that picture to be mean-spirited. Indeed, I'm not sure she's even aware of the subconscious ramifications of it at this point. So, too, staying at the ranch is not a rational choice...it was a source of such pain. She's not plumbing her deeper motives.

I love that there will be--however brief--a "divorce war". That's what I wanna see! Ordinary mortals turn into monsters, even in simple divorces, when custody and property are at issue!

I love how Davidson is playing the latest incarnation of Ashley as a sweet, smiling Stepford Wife. She's beautifully signalling the layers of dysfunction that lie beneath.

This is the kind of story I want to see!

Same with (because I can put Adam's summer deeds out of my mind) Adam making trouble for his sibs!

Bravo!

• Members

Damn I love Evil-Ash! The first time she tore Victor to shreds while he was in the hospital, I knew the writers were onto something. And now that she's this vengeful "hysterical" mother - she's on fiy-ah! The look on her face when she told Victor she was taking the ranch and then the christening was delish! On a side note - I always thought it was a shame that ED never got to play a scheming witch like Kristen on Days, but now I think the tide's about to turn. Ashley's had a rough year and her grip on sanity is about as tight as Tyra's old weave, so it makes sense that Ashley can become a bit wicked.

And to cement Evil-Ash, we get this exchange with Nikki -

Ashely: Everytime one of you is on their deathbed, PRETENDING or not - oh it's time again for Victor and Nikki...I'm so over it. I'm done with both of you. So get out of my house Nikki, now!

THAT'S good writing folks!

Oh - and that new Patty trailer for this week is so awesome!

• Members

Oh how I wish they would! I'm probably the only one who would love to see that - but homnestly, how could Sheila (an escaped felon) walk into a prison!?

But I'll be damned, they're onto something with the Patty saga, Ashley's reign of terror, and Adam's budding relationship with Sharon. I really wanna know where they're going with these two. Ont he chemistry chart it'd say Adam and Sharon are a fail - but merely cause Muhney can't act. On paper - Adam and sharon SHOULD work.

• Members

Yeah it's just speculation because of all the secrecy involving the visit in jail suggesting that viewers are going to be awed by who mommy dearest is. Tomorrow Deacon is acting like

Eileen is so awesome, I love her getting something other than victim to play.

• Members

It's just so perplexing though cause they turned Crystal Chappell away telling her there wasn't a role for her to play on the show!!! Ryder's mom is being set up to be one bad mamma jamma - so I get why people think it MUST be She-Ra..cause it must be someone we know, right? But...my head hurts. Sheila can't be strolling through the halls of prisons. Who is she!?? Better not be Mari Jo!!! LOL!

Archived