AMC Is Thorsten Kaye in violation of WGA rules?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Add Hunter Tylo to the list. I think JW said something along the lines that she's interesting and hard to work with because she'll change the dialogue ad hoc and he has to be quick to modify his lines to what she says.

Maybe it all depends on if the writer gets pissed that their lines have been changed and has the clout to make changes as a result.

• Members

I really wasn't fully aware of -- and therefore didn't mean to tap into -- the depth of the TK hate around here.

But I take the gist of the responses here to indicate that (1) TK didn't do anything that loads of other soap actors, do, and (2) that maybe the reason DOOL entered a WGA flap had less to do with what Ed Scott allegedly did, and more to do with the fact that someone (e.g., Dena Higley) called him on it and started an action.

I have heard of actors ad libbing/adjusting dialog before...that seems normal to me. But to throw out a whole "vow" speech and completely rewrite with impunity seemed -- to me -- to go beyond what I imagine the WGA would want. Still, I doubt any action will follow.

• Members

Somehow I can't quite accept that they are ending. It's just too good to be true. I feel like I'm going to wake up one of these days and their end will have been nothing but a dream or we'll hear that TK has decided not to leave after all, or that AM is going to come back and Zack will be recast. I'm afraid I'm going to have to see the body before I believe this couple from hell is truly dead. Although I'll settle for them moving far, far away and taking Spike (most ridiculous baby name ever) and Ian with them, never to be heard from again. Ever.

The only thing that gives me hope that this horrible couple may really be off my screen is that Rylee is coming back. It's kind of like killing Jason off once and for all just to have Freddie Kruger rise from the grave behind him.

Archived