GH: October Discussion

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was expecting it no shock. She was doomed from day 1 when they conceived that idiotic twin storyline and she got stuck with the vapid of suck TC again. Nver thought she was a great or even good actress but I thought she deserved a chance outside of him. She and GV actually had chem but of course the great JJ is back so all for naught anyway.

• Members

Man f*** Megan Ward. She's a horrible failed primetime actress who has no range and depth, even with the few scenes they give her. She can't even be an effective dayplayer drunk.

Perfect cure for insomnia.

No wonder Lisa Lo came in and stole her contract. She's not the best actress, but at least she can do something other than complete and utter monotony.

• Members

Oh, Bellcurve, never stop posting! I love reading you stuff, regardless of whether I agree or not. MW may be a failed PT actress (hey, I loved Boomtown) but I do adore her as Kate. She gives this show some humor, sparkle and lightness, and I love her scenes with Alexis and Diane (though they are few and far between). As far as playing drunk, I have yet to see somebody on Daytime nail a convincing lush (GL's Jordan Clarke excepted). Heck, Julie Marie Berman played a horrendously unconvincing drunk yesterday, but she managed to pull Zamprogna's shirt open so, you know, silver linings.

FTR, I like Lisa LoCicero, too.

• Members

Having JJ back is... an adjustment. I don't blame him for what happened to GV in the slightest, but I wish TIIC had toned it down on the "OMG, haven't seen you in AGES" references because that is as disrespectful as saying "Hey, everybody! The REAL Lucky is back!"

However, the character I am most torn about is Liz. What she is doing is reprehensible, and she has pulled this stunt before. Liz always carries the brunt of any infidelity scenario, it seems. However, Becky Herbst and Puff Daddy do make the kissing scenes work. In fact, they sold me on their kissing at the end of yesterday's show, especially when Nikolas held her after. Cheating is the stuff of soaps, people. TC & BH have chemistry, and that is a [!@#$%^&*] miracle after the anti-chemistry of Nik & Nadine and Nik & ReGulpily.

As long as Courtney and ALW *never* comes back, I'll be happy.

• Members

Yesterday's show was REALLY well-constructed. They built up all this tension right to the end and left us with (IMO) the best cliffhanger GH has had to offer since, oh, the Metro Court?

I actually feel bad for Claudia as she has no clue that her dreams (and prob her head) are about to be blown to smithereens. I know everybody hates Claw-Claw, but this woman has been given the shaft her whole life. Wasn't her mother tortured to madness by AN-tho-Nee Z? The writing seemed to imply that there may have been some sort of sexual, if not physical, abuse in her childhood. She was treated like crap by her father, Sonny, etc., all because she was a girl. That birthday party must be one of the first (and last) times she ever felt truly happy.

It's so weird watching GH and realizing how many SLs seem to be dove-tailing that were originally conceived with Vanessa Marcil specifically in mind:

-Sonny's secret son, Dante, was meant to have been Cooper Barrett, a baby Brenda supposedly had.

-Brenda was meant to come back from Paris all fashion-y (like Kate)& reclaim her son, Cooper, but that didn't work out so... hey Kate!

-LLC originally auditioned for the Brenda recast but TPTB then decided they didn;t want to piss Marcil and her legion of fans off, so they instead came up with a new character. And gave her the "Sonny's son" story that might have gone to Kate.

Just what will it take to get Nessa back on GH? lol

• Members

You left MY SON!!! TUH DAH ONDA FLAWH!!

Oh my God. So GH is rarely anything other than background noise (and it used to be background pretty...I miss you, Greg!) to me, but Jesus Christ, this is [!@#$%^&*] is like crack today, and it's only on the first commercial break. Maurice Benard just sounded like a weird mixture between Telly Savalas and Bosley from Charlie's Angels.

Archived