GH: October Discussion

• Members

After all these years of Guza rewriting history that we actually saw, it still cuts like a knife to see the Spencers banging on about how Laura was Da EVUL for tying free-spirit Luke down. This family can never have a scene without TIIC hitting us over the head with this. I wanted to smack Tracy when she mimed barfing at the *shock* idea that the Spencers might want to celebrate a forthcoming wedding. Darn that awful Lesley for taking snaps! Who does Lucky think he is, getting along with Ethan? All this FAMILY STUFF is SO suffocating! Quick, Tracy, hire Luke a gangrene-y old whore and a bottle of Jack Daniels and go lock them in Lucky's broom cupboard with a bottle of Jack Daniels! It would be so much better than this vomit. :rolleyes:

Having said that, a few things:

1. I love Lucky. I love GV. I feel so awful for him the way they have Luke rubbishing him to his wife-to-be. WTF?

2. Weirdly, I think James Franco would have made a great Lucky, too.

3. I am starting to like Ethan. I like that he and Lucky have each other's back. I even like his teasing relationship with Princess LooLoo.

4. Audrey! Lesley! Bobbie! :wub:

5. I know it is wrong to blame an actor for SL decisions, but when I think about Tony Geary having bitched about playing Claire Labine's/Wendy Riche's "wussy" SLs... and just look at him now. YouTube is overflowing with Geary's performances back then -- back when he truly was Emmy-worthy.

6. Even with all the anti-Laura stuff, it is clear that the Spencers as a core family (including the above-mentioned Audrey, Lesley and Bobbie brigade) are still so vibrant as an entity. They really show up just how obselete Sonny and the mob have become.

And how much more can they pimp Jason, huh? Wow, Jason, if we weren't breaking-and-entering in that poor woman's basement, we would never have been able to take her to the hospital. DAYUM. We're heroes, lover. They should give us medals! Uh. No.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was surprised that they are still pushing the Luke was unhappy with Laura dialogue. I can't wait to see how Lucky is written with JJ in the role.

It isn't blame to Tony Geary who is an ass.

CarlD2, what do you think about the spoiler that

• Members

I don't understand why they use Bobbie for Maxie and Lucky's stories, but not Carly. Her appearances are going to be rare, so why not use her for her primary relationship? I understand her importance with the others, but when you only have a certain amount of episodes then they should be devoted to her daughter. Not only is Carly pregnant, but you have the endless drama with Michael (has she even met SORASed Michael???). It's ridiculous. I also wish they'd develop a relationship with her and Luke. Carly and Luke and that's it for Bobbie if she can only appear 5 times a year. Now I DID love seeing Audrey. I wish B&B had scooped Rachel Ames up to play Beth Logan. She and Susan Flannery would've been excellent together.

With all these promos for Jonathan Jackson returning I must say I don't care. I wasn't watching when he was on and although I thought he was good in what I saw, that was as a child. I haven't been impressed with his post-GH work and he's not attractive at all. This isn't going to save or even help the character.

• Members

The show never really did anything with Bobbie and Carly. Another Guza failure. I wanted to see a long story after Bobbie found out she was Carly's mother, but instead it just withered on the vine. After a few years it became apparent someone at the show did not care a bit about Carly being a Spencer. No wonder -- the show hates the Spencer family.

• Members

I CANT BELIEVE WHAT I HEARD FROM LESLEY`S MOUTH

"Laura is curious to see what Ethan looks like" - Lesley

"You know she and i discussed this" - Luke

"She told me...Ethan is a little rough round the edges...but i think he seems like a nice fellow " - Lesley

(Pulling out a gun and shooting myself in the think skull i have left)

Guza should die...just die.Laura would never accept something like this.I mean look at how she found out about Tracy & Luke and yet she is fine with Luke cheating on her with Holly and getting another child.SERIOUSLY The Spencers were such a great family but thanks to Guza he is damaging the credability of this so called loveable family.However it was nice to see Audrey,Bobbie and Lesley even though Bobbie is starting to look her age.I wish GH would consider the legacy on their show.Thats why GH gets bad press from fans and critics around.If JFP and Guza packed their bags and Sri Rao and Lisa La Carotte came on board,the show would be so and i mean SOOOOOOOO much better.No joke.

• Members

I think Laura would accept Ethan, although I don't really know if she'd want a photo of him (unless she was going to put out a hit on him or something). Laura saw what damage was done to Nikolas because Luke and Lucky took their hate out on him for a situation that wasn't his fault (Laura's years in Cassadine captivity). She wouldn't do that to Ethan.

• Members

I think it was all the PR that Tony Geary was getting that caused Guza to throw Laura into the mix. They want to keep hating L&L and somehow stop fans from hating them by saying that Laura accepted the affair and was interested in Luke's offspring in an affair. Color me unimpressed. I rolled my eyes and muted the tv.

• Members

HUMINA! That's my new favorite picture of Greg Vaughn. Thank you. The pretty lives on!

I'm actually not a Luke and Laura fan, but I recognize the fact that they revived GH in a way no one else could have. Fans who didn't know anything about daytime knew about L&L. I still think it's a travesty that the writers have destroyed their history and tried to negate their existence as a loving couple - and to use the L&L children to do it is an even bigger crime against soap humanity. What a slap to the faces of fans who watched loyally for so many years and who embraced the show.

Effin' daytime PTB are like cheating lovers. It's such a (stupidly) self-indulgent act.

Archived