GH: October Discussion

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

that she's really Connie Falconeri from Brooklyn. That was a major plot point of her storyline when she joined the show and she and Sonny pretended as if they just met after she came to PC. She was scared of the public finding out she was a fraud and made up an entire identity bc she was ashamed of her background

If Dante doesnt know, then what is his relationship with Olivia? What did she do with him after he was born?

• Members

Do you remember when Olivia kept calling her Connie in public even when Kate asked her not to? I'm a big fan of Kate's and I wish they'd show her more often. They ruined SKate as a couple the day of the non-wedding when Kate got shot.

Also, I'm so so so so so happy that Claudia is leaving. I call her Morticia. Sonny would be Gomez and the Corinthos compound would be the Munster house. Hopefully, she gets killed off!

• Members

I am one of the few who enjoyed Claudia I guess. I can't say I liked her but she's entertaining and none of her plans ever work out. Another criminal who screws up. Personally I thought she was the perfect wife for Sonny who is also a horribly screwed up person.

• Members

Carly did find out Kate's secret and exposed her but it really didn't have any sort of fall out. Certainly not what they had built it up to be. I don't remember much of the details since it really wasn't that big of a deal.

I think Megan Ward does well with her crying scenes, but she really hasn't had that many since she came on. I still think that her scene from a couple years ago where she broke down at her house by herself after she almost got shot when Trevor put a hit out on Sonny and Kate almost go caught in the crossfire was her best ever.

• Members

Lisa LoCicero the worst actress in Daytime? Really? I've never seen her in anything other than GH, so I can't judge, but I think she's one of the better actresses on GH. Sure, she couldn't quite squeeze out the tears at first, though they did glisten after a moment or two. Am I annoyed that she is being pulled into the Vortex of Suck that is Sonny's Next True Wuv? Hell yeah. But she is IMO far better than "Emmy winner" Julie Berman and miles better than Christel "Bald caps are, like, so annoying" Khalil.

I get that people hate Olivia because her presence elbowed the extremely popular and talented Megan Ward out of the picture. But I'm not sure that's the actress's fault. FTR, I love seeing Kate back again and think Ward and LoCicero's scenes together are eminently watchable. Megan Ward's acting reminds me a little of January Jones's on Mad Men.

And Puff Whiney may be on everybody's hate list but I *LOVE* the fact that the show may be shifting towards a possible Cassadine SL. Even Lulu and Teethan are somehow more bearable.

Claudia's psycho bitch is da awesome. And they finally came out and said that Claudia's relationship with her brother is "sick and unnatural."

I see Carly's little girl 18 years into the future is gonna be as snarly loving/giving/loves-with-her-whole-heart a woman as her mother currently is! I fear that CarJax will call this poor child Jackie Jacks or something awful like that. I loved Molly's suggestion of "Juliet."

• Members

Here are GV's comments to SOD:

"I'm still in a fog. I'm sad in a lot of ways...but my first thought is about [my family]...That's hard." JFP delivered the news. He worked all week and got the call that Jill wanted to talk to him on Monday. The only time she's called him before was to say he's hired, pay-cut ... he had a bad feeling and he was right. The third time was "You're fired."

He thinks Jonathan is a wonderful, talented individual. "I think this is strictly for ratings and I know they're going to put all of their energy into making that character better, which is something I never really felt they had the desire to do with me."

They mention his GH co-star Twitter comments. GV says 'I'm very optimistic and positive...What's next I don't know."

They'll have a full interview with GV in their next issue.

LL is not a better actress than JMB. LL is even a step below Christel Khalil which does not make her the worse actress just one of the many mediocre ones, imo. Her inability to cry is shows what is obvious which is that she lacks the ability to empathize with her character. She is exactly the same as AM on AMC and FF on OLTL and they are all popular.

• Members

Gracious but honest comments from GV, I'd say. I liked that he acknowledged JJ without resentment, and I *absolutely* agree that with him that TPTB had no interest in making Lucky anything other than Whipping Boy once AJ left and Whip was put in Alexis's orbit. And that was because of who was playing him. The Star System still exists at GH and has done since Gloria Monty reinforced it with her A-list/B-list/C-list stable of stars.

Well, to each his own. I don't think being able to sob buckets is the end-all and be-all of an actress. Heck, Maurice Benard couldn't muster the boohoos when Sam lost his baby, but nobody seemed to care as he is guy and the "acting master" of GH.

My view is that LLC is an experienced and technically proficient actress who has made an archetypal character believeable and not a Lois (yes, I know people loved Lois, but her Bensonhurst accent and stereotypical line readings bugged the living sh!t out of me). I think LLC's scenes with Sarah Brown, Dominic Zamprogna, Megan Ward and Brandon Barash are particularly good. She is convincing in the role of Olivia. JMB doesn't convince -- all I see is JMB looking bored, rolling her eyes and rushing her lines so that she can get the hell out of there. If that is Emmy-winning acting, I must be missing something. Minshew is 100 times more stilted and lifeless than LLC. And Khalil is laughably not even in the "actress" category. JMO.

On another note -- and perhaps you disagree with me here -- I think Dominic Zamprogna is a GREAT find as Dante. I was intrigued by the idea that Tom Pelphrey might play the role initially, but now I wouldn't want anybody else but DZ playing the character. Yesterday's scene where he is forced to do away with an "informer" really had me worried and rooting for him as he tried to make the other guy turn state's evidence. I really want him to take Sonny's organization down!

• Members

I agree and think DZ as Dante is the biggest find GH has had in years but when the show actually writes decent stuff for you it makes a diff. He's been all over the canvas and has gotten pretty decent stuff.

I just can't subscribe to LLC. She reminds me of RiH and TC in a way. Maybe technically proficient but very little heart coming across on screen. I was not a Kate fan and am not an Olivia fan so that doesn't factor into my opinions.

In terms of the Cassadines, I will believe the big story when I see it. It's already being pushed back due to JJ's return, JF's joining the show, and SBr's departure. I just don't really see the show that invested in anything other than the mob but with JJ returning I suppose that may change. I personally think without Stefan it's all a bit hallow. Alexis, Nikolas, Sam are not real Cassadines to me and while I adore CT, Helena has been a cartoon for the most part.

And JMB, well I like her in scenes with Jane Elliott and she and Tyler Christopher are good together along with BA. Aside from those 3, I get nothing from her. Her scenes with GF last year for which she won her emmy were pretty good.

The problem with GH is they oversatuate the screen with these newbie characters and don't write balanced storytelling.

• Members

I didn't realize the SL was getting delayed -- it seems to be picking up some speed this weak. What happens if the delay coincides with another one of Tony Geary's 5-month long vacations? I'm sure he wants to spend Christmas in Amsterdam! They'll have to delay it again.

I loved Stefan, too. Any chance that Stephen Nichols and Stefan could return from the dead? I never understand why Guza wrote those scenes where Nikolas has to make sure Stefan is dead in his coffin before burying him. It's not like Stefan was a vampire! I guess here was another actor/character the Gooz despised, and he wanted to make sure there was no chance that he would return.

PREACH.

Archived