GH: October Discussion

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Today was very good! I'll miss Claudia to be completely honest. I only started watching a few months ago, but she was one character I loved. I thought she added a nice dimension to the mob scene and I loved seeing Sonny paired with someone as crazy as he is. I don't know where they'll go with him from here. Putting him with Olivia will be DOA. I'd rather they put him back with Kate, but that'll never happen. And poor Johnny will be all alone.

I can't wait to see the fallout next week. This is going to be a good sweeps.

• Members

Friday's episode showed just how underutilised the GH cast is. Not to mention the writing was fantastic and really took me back to when I first started watching GH around the time of the PC Hotel fire. And of course in true GH style, a big event, with a hostage situation is never enough. Let's have a huge storm that will undoubtedly lead to car trouble for the unbalanced woman with a target on her chest and her hostage: a woman who has went into premature labour after a difficult pregnancy. Love it!

Carly reasoning with Claudia was great. Both Laura Wright and Sarah Brown really shone in that scene. You could sense that Claudia knew Carly was right, but her paranoia meant she couldn't trust Carly even though she was speaking the truth. I wish, however, that the writers had took a stand and decided on a direction for Claudia...sometimes it was like we were meant to feel sympathy for her, at others it was like we were to supposed to all out hate her guts. It was kind of confusing but Sarah Brown knocked it out of the park. Kiss goodbye to this kind of material, bbz, they don't have stuff like this at B&B.

And Carly taking the wheel of the car? WTF? How is that responsible when you're about to give birth to a baby who you thought you'd never have? Especially when there's a storm and the roads are dangerous, not to mention you have an unbalanced psychopath with a GUN holding you hostage. I get that Carly is desperate to get away from Claudia, but one thing Carly would, or at least SHOULD, never do is put her kids lives at risk.

Okay I get that GH see the mobsters as heroes and the cops as the bad guys, but the writing for this slant makes me laugh. We're meant to hate Mac for putting Jason under arrest in order to stop him from killing Claudia? The PCPD are useless, they shouldn't be wasting time with second rate mobsters when there's a crazy woman with a pregnant hostage on the loose.

I didn't really get how Sonny was so on top of things, organising everyone, etc., instead of losing it and going after Claudia even if it meant putting Carly in danger. And where was Jax? After lashing out at Mac where was the man who should have been in so much turmoil, panicking about where the mother of his soon-to-be-born child was?

One thing that really put me off: that hideous piercing that Kirsten Storms has that is like a nail going through two points in the ear: not cute bbz.

I wish GH could fire on all cylinders like this at least two/three weeks out of a month. I am going to be HOOKED next week.

• Members

It was the generally lousy material they gave Sarah for most of her run as Claudia that caused this in the first place. B&B isn't very good but if they can do better by her than having her shoot a child in the head, perhaps she can have a good run.

• Administrator

That's how you expose a secret....at a party without everyone watching.

I really hope Carly doesn't lose the baby but I wouldn't be surprised since the kid is Jax's.

I hate the background with the clock ticking - WTH was JFP thinking when she approved that! JFP's shows usually have good background music but she's failed at GH.

I hate the writing for cops on this show. Such an upside down universe.

• Members

I can't believe they actually had Claudia threaten to shoot Carly in the head, given Carly's history. Does this mean Claudia is in love with Carly? That's what we heard when Sonny shot Carly in the head as she gave birth.

So now Robin has fully jumped into 1998 mob-propping mode, and taken Patrick with her.

How amazing that Luke suddenly remembers Carly is his niece.

Do Sonny/Olivia have any fans?

Can Alexis and Sonny sing "Reach Out and Touch Somebody's Hand"?

I guess we hit the slut/whore/tramp/bitch quota today. Now I want Stefano and Victor to show up, scowl, "Those are our words," and zap Sonny to ashes.

• Members

Sarah Brown always was better than most actors on GH, it is just a real shame her character was such a dud. Why didn't they just bring her back as Carly? It makes no sense. They brought JJ back as Lucky, and they could have done the same thing here. GH should have been a home for her, not some short term pit stop en route to yet another short term role. Today was really good even though so much of it made no sense in that twisted logic and morality that GH excels at. Sonny was announcing to everyone he was going to kill this woman, and nobody cares. And everyone is nonchalant when 45 people break out the guns. No one ducks, no one screams--not even Tracy! People are waving guns all over the place and no one feels in the least bit threatened.

And then who was Luke talking to? He has no contacts. And then Sonny tells his men to kill Johnny right there and nobody could care less--not even Lulu and Maxie. And then five minutes later Johnny and Jason are pals again. And nobody remembers that it was Sonny who started the whole thing when he kidnapped Johnny because he thought Johnny had Michael or something. And Alexis the D.A. and the Mayor are listening to all this and no one is even thinking about mass arrests.

Even though so much didn't make sense it was still a good episode.

• Members

Although they were ignored, the cops were competent yesterday. The new African American cop is yummy.

ITA. Guza gave Sarah the crappy stories that turned Claudia into this horrible character that he ended up throwing away. She was also unhappy for most of her stint on GH. She may be happier at B&B.

Cringeworthy. Guza always uses Robin to prop up Jason and Sonny when they are at their worse. GH has f'ked up morality.

LOL! Victor and Stefano would never be as stupid as Sonny and announce their intent to murder someone in the middle of a party. Days' writing and dialogue is so much better than GH these days. Victor and Stefano's witty dialogue is entertaining. Sonny was rambling on like a loon and MB was barely coherent.

• Members

I was pleasantly happy with Friday's episode. The secret came out the way I hoped it would, Sonny confronting Claudia right at her own party, but Claudia gets Carly wrapped up in this mess and it takes a whole another life. Sarah Brown was just incredible. I'm really sad to know her run on GH is ending very soon, but I hope she finds even more success @ B&B. Greattt episode.

• Members

Sarah Brown is excellent and she IS Carly forever to me, but with that said LW was good in her own right I just look at her like she's playing a paradox version of Carly I guess. Havn't watched GH in years but Quartermaine fan I was thinking the exact same things as I am watching. Nobody is ducking? So nobody in law enforcement is in attendance? So when did Sonny start making these outwardly o public threats? he really has become the king of PC....... But beyond that I though SB was brilliant when her tears started to flow and I liked the scene with her and Sonny standing there in confrontational dialogue. So does Jason ever wear a coat? I know the character probably didn't have the time to put one on but he seems to wear the same muscle shirt at all times to me (must be his favorite) and I vaguely remember a leather jjacket of the past

• Members
That cue wasn't nearly as bad as the one in the catfight with Claudia and Olivia. That was MyNetworkTV level cheese. Dominic Messinger and RC Cates should be ashamed!

The entire week was good. Not only is this show visually appealing, but the writing this week was also more balanced between characters. I love how they mentioned this was the first time Kristina saw something violent in relation to Sonny(with her witnessing Sonny threatening Claudia and being a misogynistic douche). That needed to be addressed on some level and I'm glad they did it. Although knowing this show, she'll be involved with the mob eventually too.

Major props to Sarah Brown for giving everything her best(per usual) and not phoning it in like alot of people in her shoes would. Love that she kidnapped Cassie Layne and in the car, how there was this in-joke about Sarah Brown having played both characters.

• Members

I loved that too, when SB- CLaudia was saying "that's how you are Carly" and she said something along the lines of "everybody knows what kind of mother you are" the way SB played it only had subtle hint of her processing herself within the character of Carly. The way They had the two characters connect was actually a very obvious but good chracter writing device, I couldn't help but feel that SB was processing the role she originated

• Members

Most soaps don't make sense in GH's defense, which is what made Henry Slesar perhaps the greatest writer of soaps ever. He made sure it all had a consistent logic. I enjoy DOOL but you got me when Lexi decided she stopped hating Stefano and started seeing him as a true father or why Bo and Hope were never curious about his psychic powers and where they came from.

But anyway, whatever happened to Valentin? They had to bring Helena to PC so she could tell them all she knows, and then Nik, Tracy and Luke shipped her out of town before she told them anything. :lol:

Archived