Jump to content

Guiding Light discussion thread


Paul Raven

Recommended Posts

  • Members
4 minutes ago, DRW50 said:

 

Lesley Ann was a mousy nurse (as the joke went, it was fitting that she died after being bitten by a mouse in the Dreaming Death storyline). She was dating Floyd during his singing days, only to be blackmailed by Josh due to her past as a hooker. She then married Warren Andrews.

Ah thanks!  They did mentioned the DDS and how bad/ridiculous it was.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Members
1 hour ago, Soapsuds said:

It was either Carolyn or Kathleen.  I hadn't realized Carolyn was Bob's stalker on ATWT. I don't recall her time on GL and I was watching at the time.

 

The character of Lesley Ann Monroe was unbearable. You're lucky you don't remember her. Maybe you blocked her out. Traumatic repressive amnesia, LOL!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
8 hours ago, DRW50 said:

 

Lesley Ann was a mousy nurse (as the joke went, it was fitting that she died after being bitten by a mouse in the Dreaming Death storyline). She was dating Floyd during his singing days, only to be blackmailed by Josh due to her past as a hooker. She then married Warren Andrews.

 

And Clarke was apparently the second Lesley Ann. Video surfaced showing another actress playing the role: Jacqueline Perkel. She now works at the same college where I'm employed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
19 hours ago, zanereed said:

 

For Bert, they mentioned *in passing* that Mike sang at her service, yet no Mike on screen. I know by then TPTB had burned bridges with actors like Stewart and Roussel, but I'm guessing if asked to appear to honor Charita, both would have done it. Or, if they were looking to finally bring the characters back in recasts, then this would have been the opportunity to do so. But, as @vetsoapfan stated, there were no close friends, no family other than Ed...just horrid.

This would have been the perfect time to re energize the Bauer Family.  They had Alan in the wings coming back so at the very least bring back a recast Hope (sorry, never was a fan of ER's annoying Hope) with Stewart's Mike, but ideally I would want to bring in a recast Mike to put him with Alex getting ready for Alan's return. I would have brought back Aunt Meta during the previous holiday episodes to establish her for Bert's death (say she was in New York visiting Hope) and not have three major Bauers recast. Meta as they had for a bit during Labine's time would be a great foil for Claire, alternating between ringing her beads and supporting her as she knows how it is to be black sheep in the Bauer family and a "conflicted personality." Ideally, I would have recast Ed with MH going into the service. Then at least bring back Bea (she makes a phone call which I am sure was Curlee's doing) and Brown was on ATWT give her a few days as Nola so at least some of the old guard was back (and she could have mixed in up with Claire in a scene) and have the Justin actor return to have a few scenes with recast Phillip...all returns which could have given some strength the to paper thin plots going on at that time.

 

I think Kobe didn't give a [!@#$%^&*] and Ryder had no GL connection so they used the excuse of "People will bitch and moan if we bring back recasts for the funeral so what can we do?" when in reality they could care less if people bitched. I can see being pissed at Clarke for making them film on weekends (Clarke was a pain in the ass to begin with and she was Marland's "mole" on the GL set to see what other actors said so I am sure she was an instigator in DM's problems with MH) so just write her out of town or better yet recast.

 

The show was such [!@#$%^&*] at that time that I think a new writer would say the infamous line of Gloria Monty..."I don't know what the hell to do with all of you but put you in a plane and crash it!"

10 hours ago, victoria foxton said:

Here's the episode where Lesley Ann dies from DD. I've seen very little of her. So i don't hate or like her. Josh treated her like crap. She had no chemistry with sweet goofy Floyd or bitchy Miss Andrews. 

Ha..was Warren Busy at the Company Muscle Boy contest as his beard was being bit by the mouse? Warren being straight was more unbelievable then the Dreaming Death, Brandon being alive, Infinity and the Clone all put together!

Edited by Mitch
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
11 hours ago, vetsoapfan said:

 

The character of Lesley Ann Monroe was unbearable. You're lucky you don't remember her. Maybe you blocked her out. Traumatic repressive amnesia, LOL!

i must have blocked out the character. I remember all the other nurses on GL but her.

35 minutes ago, Mitch said:

This would have been the perfect time to re energize the Bauer Family.  They had Alan in the wings coming back so at the very least bring back a recast Hope (sorry, never was a fan of ER's annoying Hope) with Stewart's Mike, but ideally I would want to bring in a recast Mike to put him with Alex getting ready for Alan's return. I would have brought back Aunt Meta during the previous holiday episodes to establish her for Bert's death (say she was in New York visiting Hope) and not have three major Bauers recast. Meta as they had for a bit during Labine's time would be a great foil for Claire, alternating between ringing her beads and supporting her as she knows how it is to be black sheep in the Bauer family and a "conflicted personality." Ideally, I would have recast Ed with MH going into the service. Then at least bring back Bea (she makes a phone call which I am sure was Curlee's doing) and Brown was on ATWT give her a few days as Nola so at least some of the old guard was back (and she could have mixed in up with Claire in a scene) and have the Justin actor return to have a few scenes with recast Phillip...all returns which could have given some strength the to paper thin plots going on at that time.

 

I think Kobe didn't give a [!@#$%^&*] and Ryder had no GL connection so they used the excuse of "People will bitch and moan if we bring back recasts for the funeral so what can we do?" when in reality they could care less if people bitched. I can see being pissed at Clarke for making them film on weekends (Clarke was a pain in the ass to begin with and she was Marland's "mole" on the GL set to see what other actors said so I am sure she was an instigator in DM's problems with MH) so just write her out of town or better yet recast.

 

The show was such [!@#$%^&*] at that time that I think a new writer would say the infamous line of Gloria Monty..."I don't know what the hell to do with all of you but put you in a plane and crash it!"

Ha..was Warren Busy at the Company Muscle Boy contest as his beard was being bit by the mouse? Warren being straight was more unbelievable then the Dreaming Death, Brandon being alive, Infinity and the Clone all put together!

Which Clark? Reading your post not sure who is who...lol

 

Harley said that Kobe didn't allow the cast to attend Charita funeral. To which Ellen joked and said I liked Kobe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

There was an SOD issue from 1986 (I think) which said GL was planning to recast Hope. I guess that never happened because of producer changeover, then when Long returned and brought in a rapid-aged Alan-Michael, Hope was aged out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
3 minutes ago, DRW50 said:

There was an SOD issue from 1986 (I think) which said GL was planning to recast Hope. I guess that never happened because of producer changeover, then when Long returned and brought in a rapid-aged Alan-Michael, Hope was aged out. 

It was Jeff Ryder who said he was thinking about bringing back Mike and Hope in an article that appeared shortly after Bert died. I posted the article upthread a bit. Within a month, Ryder was replaced by Mary Ryan Munisteri as head writer. Sheri Anderson and Joseph Manetta brought in teenaged Alan-Michael in June 1987 along with the horrid Lacey Bauer and reintroduced Rick in time for the 50th anniversary. Long returned a few months later as head writer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

I'm surprised Lesley Ann lasted a full year into Long's stint...though I did like that Long played out the beats of the post Floyd/Lesley ann break up...and also Lesley Ann being self destructive.

 

I guess it was only fitting that she would die tragically.

 

And I feel bad for the whip lash of Hilary almost dying during the Dreaming Death story... being featured in a new romance with Jim..and having chemistry with Fletcher..and than dying.  Kobe seemed not to think long term it sounds like.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
On 4/23/2021 at 10:55 AM, Soapsuds said:

Harley said that Kobe didn't allow the cast to attend Charita funeral. To which Ellen joked and said I liked Kobe.

On that I can kind of see as television production is expensive and daytime never stops. Its too bad that the funeral wasn't held later or at least a wake where the cast could attend...(I know KT mentions going so she must not have been filming that day.)

On 4/24/2021 at 4:10 PM, victoria foxton said:

He created Sarah and Rusty. But was long gone by the time they were introduced.

Sarah and Rusy were kind of like Billy and H.B. where a name is thrown out by one writer (this time it was Long) and another writer used them. I always thought Sarah should have been harder, tougher and trashier then how she was played.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
On 4/23/2021 at 10:55 AM, Soapsuds said:

Which Clark? Reading your post not sure who is who...lol

 

Marsha Clarke sp? was a mole for Marland...while being the most hilarious unbelievable beard for JWS..(and he for her!)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
56 minutes ago, Mitch said:

Marsha Clarke sp? was a mole for Marland...while being the most hilarious unbelievable beard for JWS..(and he for her!)

 

God love closeted gay actors; they wanted to protect their jobs and careers. I imagine the same folks who bought that Liberace was straight accepted JWS was as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy