Guiding Light discussion thread

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I think Bunim was EP of Santa Barbara from 1984 to 1986. Was the other actress that Alan wants to get Carolyn Ann Clarke who played Lesley Ann? I know they mentioned Carolyn Ann, Kathleen Cullen, and Marsha Clark during the reunion. I really enjoyed the reunion, especially getting to see Harley again. She's always been one of my favorites.

• Members

Lesley Ann was a mousy nurse (as the joke went, it was fitting that she died after being bitten by a mouse in the Dreaming Death storyline). She was dating Floyd during his singing days, only to be blackmailed by Josh due to her past as a hooker. She then married Warren Andrews.

• Members

This would have been the perfect time to re energize the Bauer Family.  They had Alan in the wings coming back so at the very least bring back a recast Hope (sorry, never was a fan of ER's annoying Hope) with Stewart's Mike, but ideally I would want to bring in a recast Mike to put him with Alex getting ready for Alan's return. I would have brought back Aunt Meta during the previous holiday episodes to establish her for Bert's death (say she was in New York visiting Hope) and not have three major Bauers recast. Meta as they had for a bit during Labine's time would be a great foil for Claire, alternating between ringing her beads and supporting her as she knows how it is to be black sheep in the Bauer family and a "conflicted personality." Ideally, I would have recast Ed with MH going into the service. Then at least bring back Bea (she makes a phone call which I am sure was Curlee's doing) and Brown was on ATWT give her a few days as Nola so at least some of the old guard was back (and she could have mixed in up with Claire in a scene) and have the Justin actor return to have a few scenes with recast Phillip...all returns which could have given some strength the to paper thin plots going on at that time.

I think Kobe didn't give a [!@#$%^&*] and Ryder had no GL connection so they used the excuse of "People will bitch and moan if we bring back recasts for the funeral so what can we do?" when in reality they could care less if people bitched. I can see being pissed at Clarke for making them film on weekends (Clarke was a pain in the ass to begin with and she was Marland's "mole" on the GL set to see what other actors said so I am sure she was an instigator in DM's problems with MH) so just write her out of town or better yet recast.

The show was such [!@#$%^&*] at that time that I think a new writer would say the infamous line of Gloria Monty..."I don't know what the hell to do with all of you but put you in a plane and crash it!"

Ha..was Warren Busy at the Company Muscle Boy contest as his beard was being bit by the mouse? Warren being straight was more unbelievable then the Dreaming Death, Brandon being alive, Infinity and the Clone all put together!

Edited by Mitch

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

i must have blocked out the character. I remember all the other nurses on GL but her.

Which Clark? Reading your post not sure who is who...lol

Harley said that Kobe didn't allow the cast to attend Charita funeral. To which Ellen joked and said I liked Kobe.

• Members

There was an SOD issue from 1986 (I think) which said GL was planning to recast Hope. I guess that never happened because of producer changeover, then when Long returned and brought in a rapid-aged Alan-Michael, Hope was aged out. 

• Members

It was Jeff Ryder who said he was thinking about bringing back Mike and Hope in an article that appeared shortly after Bert died. I posted the article upthread a bit. Within a month, Ryder was replaced by Mary Ryan Munisteri as head writer. Sheri Anderson and Joseph Manetta brought in teenaged Alan-Michael in June 1987 along with the horrid Lacey Bauer and reintroduced Rick in time for the 50th anniversary. Long returned a few months later as head writer.

• Members

I'm surprised Lesley Ann lasted a full year into Long's stint...though I did like that Long played out the beats of the post Floyd/Lesley ann break up...and also Lesley Ann being self destructive.

I guess it was only fitting that she would die tragically.

And I feel bad for the whip lash of Hilary almost dying during the Dreaming Death story... being featured in a new romance with Jim..and having chemistry with Fletcher..and than dying.  Kobe seemed not to think long term it sounds like.