• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It is fascinating, lol.

The part with Anne Award, seems like a function of just how disjointed and dysfunctional the show had become in its last 12 or so years.

I did notice during one of the GL reunion livestreams that ED kind of seemed a bit like the 'odd one out' in some of the discussions, which made me question if she had left by the time many of the other castmembers had arrived in the show. I had only caught a bit of the end of her run on GL, and then some on YT, so I was surprised to find out that she had been in the show with quite a few of the other actors since she seemed a bit distant. I don't know, maybe she's just one of those people who do the job and go home-- not really there to make friends?

Come to think about it, ED was in ATWT since 89 and AS left sometime in the early 90s? Colleagues have bonded in less time.  Maybe it's just how ED is personality-wise.

• Members

That was one of my favorites. The love and respect was genuine. I felt as if those three were to reprise their roles with a decent script, it would be as if no time had passed. 
I was actually hoping that Alan (or some capable host) would make good on that promise to bring them back with Anne.

• Members

I went to the 50th anniversary fan gathering for ATWT and met a lot of the cast members, past and present(at the time), and she seemed the coldest and least friendly. She comes across that way in the interviews I've seen her in as well. I think it might be a personality thing. By contrast, the friendliest, by far, were Helen Wagner and Colleen Zenk. 

• Members

I have never, ever heard a bad word uttered about Charita. It seemed the entire cast loved her, and writers loved writing for her.

And Bert did have a sister, Alma-Jean Miller. Unfortunately, I think the show chose to kill off Alma-Jean off-screen around 1983 (again, the same year they killed off Bill Bauer on screen). Bringing on Bert's sister would have been a great alternative at the time of her funeral.

• Members

I know Soap Central lists Alma Jean Miller as Bert's sister, but that website is riddled with errors, so I always figured this was yet another one. In all my decades watching TGL, I had never known Bert had a sibling. I only knew about her mother. If you heard Alma Jean being verified on-screen, however, I trust you. 

• Members

I will say watching some of summer 1984, Bert was featured quite a few times..even saying Philip was acting like a jerk to Beth lol

The show did lose something when Charita passed.  Even in those last weeks she was on,she was the center of the show.

I would have loved to have seen her reaction to India..and had more than one scene with Alexandra.  

• Members

I remember that some time during 1983, Charita was off the show for a time, and the reason was that her sister passed away off-screen, and Bert was at the funeral (which made me curious as to why no one else went with her...?). I swore that they called her "Alma Jean" on screen. @Elsa, you are also correct - Lisa' mother was also named "Elsa". I wonder if that was an Irna Phillips influence in both cases...?

• Members

I have no memory of Bert going to a sister's funeral in 1983 at all. Thank heavens we can all pool our memory resources. Watching the show every day, I'm annoyed I could have missed/forgotten a fact like that.

I believe Lisa's mother's name was Alma Miller, not Elsa.