Guiding Light discussion thread

• Replies 12.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Well, with more and more productions happening in and around that area, it makes sense.  Of course, as more people and businesses flock to GA, housing costs are likely rising to astronomical levels, thus creating issues particularly for working-class African-Americans who live there already.

• Members

Yes, Morgan does, he is totally laid back, nice, sexy, but regular guy Dylan...but I have to say..damn, Derwin bald and dad glasses or not is still sex on a stick..that smile, the voice, and he is funny as hell...(how many times did he drop the f bomb??) He must have the market cornered on DILF roles.

Great reunion and I love that they were all aware of what a great era they were had at GL..the acting, the writing. I loved Hayden's story about WH calling her ass on the carpet about being late...and Derwin saying that GL was a "blue collar" soap in the most positive terms that people were there to work and do good stuff.  I love JS diss on Days..."I had to get used to the aliens and this person was cloned.."..I notice Locker cut her off there... I loved Simms sticking up for Derwin with the bald joke "And he is working more then any of us!" and they all seem to respect each other and get along. GL would have been a great backstage place to be during that time.'

Also funny, Derwin admitting that Frankie D probably aint the best actor or smartest guy around...and everyone laughing...(well he didnt say it in so many words..) and of course, when Morgan couldnt remember Ehlers name and everyone laughing..(was she the most popular person on set..seems not) but Simms nicely saying that she was a great actress.  Hayden seems very Bridget-ish and I like that she in in touch with "Buffy".

• Members

Interesting that Simms confirmed that Mallet and Mindy were supposed to be the story until someone convinced Vincent Irizarry to come back. I wish they had done that instead, but I guess they needed another thing to extend the Mindy/Alex feud.

I so wish Simms had landed another soap role after GL. A shame she never did. Forever my favourite Mindy. 

• Members

I wish they had followed through with Mallet/Mindy, too.  I never "got" the Nick/Mindy pairing beyond how it would have impacted his relationship with Alexandra.  It's just too bad Judi Evans was on AW, because I DEFINITELY think a Nick/Beth pairing would have been more interesting.

• Members

Mindy went with Mallet to New York to stop his ex flames wedding..and than poof..both characters went in separate directions.  Before that,  I figured Mallet and Mindy were end game.

Had Beverlee not quit (since orginally she had 1 more year on her contract).  I wonder what her Alex would have done during that time.  

• Members

Didn't Judi have problems with Vincent? Or did she not? I can't remember.

I loathed the Nick/Mindy pairing. I felt like she was reduced to being his little woman, just as Alex was reduced to being his mother. I never understood why I was supposed to care about Nick. If I had been watching at the time of Lujack, maybe I would have, but I wasn't, so I didn't. I just thought he was a sanctimonious pain in the ass who tanked two great characters. Similar to what Buzz would go on to do with Jenna and Nadine. 

I have a feeling JFP moved away from the Mallet/Mindy pairing so she could remake Harley into an image she wanted and put her with an actor she thought highly of (the same would happen at AW and OLTL). I hated Mallet/Harley too.

You can see why I lost a lot of interest in the show after Maureen died.

She was a short-lived love interest for John, I think. 

That was a very classy comment from Frank Beaty. He was so much better than Pelphrey ever was on GL. I wish he had had the career Tom has, but sadly life doesn't work that way. 

• Members

I think part of the issue with Beverlee was that there was no end in sight for a storyline she did not want to play anymore- Alex as angry and fighting with Mindy and fighting for Nick’s attention.  From everything I have read and seen, Mark was pretty much in the same Roger/Nick/Mindy orbit that McKinsey wanted out of.  She did not appear to enjoy working with Zaslow, and hated how Alex was behaving.  I haven’t gotten to much of Marj in my Guiding Light YouTube binging just yet.  I had planned to stop with Curlee’s departure, but now I am curious about Brent/Marian.

As much as I love what the writers had been doing, it’s pretty clear that had she stayed it would have been more of the same for Alex.