Guiding Light discussion thread

• Replies 12.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

We don't need to go out of our way to trash JFP.  The proof was right there, on her shows, day after miserable day; and whether the mistakes were hers or forced upon her, the point is that it's her name on them as EP.  The buck, as it is, stopped with her.

JFP is fine. She sends her love. She has a great mansion which houses her 11 Emmy Awards. Most ever for a daytime soap producer. I’d love to see her critics win 11 Emmys. lol

Also, Rick Hearst has lived in GA for YEARS now. Some people need to get up to date. smh

Edited by VanessaReardon

• Members

I found this as I was watching promos for GL from 1993 on YouTube. This was a special promo for the NYC area as Guiding Light was moving to its new timeslot at 10am. Weird how I've looked for this info in the early/mid 2000s as to when GL moved to 10am on my CBS, and recently have found two sources.

Who's the actress in the frame? She's the only one I don't recognize from when I started watching.

• Members

Ugh! I hate it everytime I hear that a couple that's been together that long is getting divorced. However, you don't know what's going on in anyone's life or marriage. But 20 years is a long time, but I guess if you're truly unhappy what's the point. 

Thanks for the info. I started watching later and I knew Gina Tognoni as Dinah. I personally enjoyed Gina, but I never knew any other actress as Dinah. 

• Members

Wow, the technical difficulties during the Jun 10 reunion is off the charts! I stopped and came back just now out of curiosity but the volume issues are really off-putting.  I'm not putting it only on Alan (although he should really do a mic check before going live) this time because Morgan and Kimberly had some recurring issues that were getting on my last nerve.

I thought it was funny that Mark Derwin talked about how frequently Y&R used cue cards with their actors, which was never done on GL.  I suspect that it would never be allowed on any P&G soap.

OMG, did Kimberly and Vincent not get along??!  I detected a strong note of shade in Simm's reactions.  Does anyone know more?

Oh, okay, they dated IRL but did it end acrimoniously or something?  Mark was more forthcoming about his relationship with Beth.

Okay, now Simms backtracked and cleaned up her response, lol. M'kay.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Justin Deas also had mic problems during his reunion.

Was Mark throwing shade at YR for using cue cards? 

And I know Kim was having technical problems but I have doubts that she didn't hear it/understand the question pertaining to Vincent. To me it's obvious she did hear/understand by the laughter of the other actors to her none response.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

I thought so. Derwin said it drove him crazy that actors would use cue cards, for phone scenes, in particular. Someone asked if Y&R used a Teleprompter and he basically said "Not even..." and said that it was actual cue card.  He compared it to GL, which he thought was more about the work.  I think that because GL was NYC based and closer to the theater world, it was expected that everyone knew their lines.

Melissa Hayden recalled coming in late once and being given a stern but lovely lecture from William Roerig about showing up on time and prepared because it was not fair to the crew, many of which had to put in long hours and would miss their trains home (I guess many lived outside of NYC and took the commuter rails) if they had to stay late as a result of running behind schedule.

In NYC theater, tardiness is considered a cardinal sin and a form of disrespect to your colleagues.

Edited by DramatistDreamer