Guiding Light discussion thread

• Members

I do think Dennehy's Blake was very reminiscent of Glenn in Fatal Attraction from what I've seen, in terms of sleek style, mood, etc. She could be imperious, cold, very tough yet complex. I prefer SS but I found both far more interesting and formidable than Liz Keifer.

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Didn't Long have it in the back of her mind that she was Chrissy, but did not reveal that yet, and then the producer cast Dennehy during the writer's strike? I remember ED saying that the headwriter hated her and she couldn't figure out why.  I always kind of felt sorry for her.

All this talk of Blake reminds me of another lost opportunity in casting with Lizzie. Lizzie should have been very, very complex and they first made her a silly valley girl, then a psycho, then back to a valley girl with the second recasting.  Marci Ryan was cute as hell and it wanst her fault, she was just miscast (maybe Mindy and Rick's love child yes, she was way too bright and sunny to be a Spaulding.)

• Members

Alison Hirschlag was the first teen Lizzie and she was VERY good, not silly at all, even though her curly hair often had me thinking that visually she should’ve been Tammy.  That mane was identical to Cassie’s. 

Unfortunately, she chose to leave after a short term and Lizzie went back to boarding school, to return as suicidal firestarter Crystal Hunt. 

• Members

At the time, I thought Crystal Hunt had that "old school soap" look about her -- like, if it still had been the 1960's, I'm certain she would've been on LOVE IS A MANY SPLENDORED THING or WHERE THE HEART IS.  It's just too bad her acting skills weren't as classic (in a good way) as her face and hair.

• Members

Phyllis was more of a Vixen you rooted for/anti heroine upon her return (like  Lisa, Rachel, Erica, Nola, both Carlys, Vicki, Sami, etc.), its a common soap trope, she was never written as a heroine, or canonized as a Saint like Beth or Reva lol. For me, the problem with Reva, is she ate up the whole show to the detriment of other female characters, especially in the late 80s

• Members

I was a big fan of Kat back then. I loved her friendship with Bridget. I was so disappointed in her exit story. Looking back I guess I should be grateful as many had much worse - if they had exits at all. I think she may have been the last black cast member to have one...