Guiding Light discussion thread

• Members

The man who raped Gloria Rideout is revisited in being found guilty of two other rapes

https://www.statesmanjournal.com/story/news/crime/2017/03/16/ohn-rideout-guilty-rape-sodomy-jury-oregon/99235728/

I was a big fan of Tom Pelphrey's and of the character of Jonathan Randall. But, I can completely see how GL fans could resent ATWT at the end. That extra time that ATWT got was a big factor. I wouldn't call yourself irrational if I were you.

That's interesting to hear about. I always loved Marcy Walker & I never really got why so many people seemed to dislike Tangie Hill. And, I both knew & loved Liz & Marureen.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

You perhaps thought that Olivia was definitely a man-lover? And, that that would keep her from falling in love with a woman? But, in real life, sometimes that is just what happens. Same thing with Natalia. There was no sign of her falling in love with a woman until she did. Their story was written so slowly and so carefully that it made complete sense to me.

• Members

What it is is a post of what happened to Holly  at the end of her life & of what Maureen had to play & didn't like playing - the Nursery Rhyme Stalker being one & Roger's son Sebastian being two. There's no copy/paste from anything. It's strictly out of the top of my head. That's what I saw, watching the show. It mattered. It was terrible writing slapped onto my favorite character. I just would've appreciated better writing for Holly. Oh, and, I'm not apologizing for my writing of that text because I think it was well-written.

• Members

They wrote them as a classic pair of antagonists who were at first arguing with each other about everything. But, Natalia was helping to take care of Olivia & her little girl Emma because Olivia had had to have that heart transplant of Gus's heart. Gradually they became friends. And, then, they became attracted to each other. And, then, that became intense. Then, they had to deal with Natalia's feelings about her Roman Catholocism. Then, Natalia slept with Frank - and so got pregnant. By then, Natalia and Olivia were in love with each other.

• Members

Ellen Weston  was hired by John Conboy at Capitol & at Y&R. Then, in 2003 he hired her as HW at GL. She worked for GL until David Kreizman was made HW in 2004. so, a year. Her main story was the Maryanne Carruthers mystery. She was criticized for it because it seemed to be a story from the past. A friend of Weston's, Carrie Nye, was brought on to play a part. Weston had made major revisions to that threatened 5 of the adult men of Springfield with that murder 30 years ago. She brought on Eden August, brunette madam, who seduced Ben Reade and caused him to become a gigolo who then took his own life. There were 5 teens at the time and she had them tunneling in the old museum until they fell through the floor in Danny & Michelle's apartment. She broke up Mara & Tony. She created Sandy & the handpuppet & pretended that Sandy was Jonathan. A friend of mine had her first interview with her & found that to be appalling.

• Members

Evidently you spoke too soon.

Donna. Chill! We know you love these shows, but you posting A LOT in very short order. It's overwhelming for most of us. 

This isn't cliquishness. This is frustration at someone posting indiscriminately and inappropriately all over the forum, and us trying to find ways to reign them in. All, of course, in vain because they refuse to give even an inch to try to acclimate to their surroundings. 

I appreciate your interest and enthusiasm, Donna. What I don't appreciate is your domination of this forum, and your lack of awareness of the community you've attempted to enter. 

Edited by beebs

• Members

Well, good.

I'm not dominating. And, I am aware of my surroundings. Unfortunately, I'm also aware of being chewed out more than seems reasonable to me.

Sigh. No, Vee. Let's not call for votes.

Here are references for Otalia if you want to check some of them out:

References

We Love Soaps, Guest Columnist Destini at the Otalia website Big Purple Dreams, "Guest Column: On Otalia", welovesoaps.net, February 18, 2009.

Bhattacharjee,Mala. News Editor, Soap Opera Weekly, "Blogging with Mala" Archived 2009-03-02 at the Wayback Machine, page 14 February 17, 2009.

Bendix, Trish."Olivia and Natalia kiss on 'Guiding Light', afterellen.com, January 19, 2009 (Retrieved March 7, 2009).

Fairman, Michael. The Advocate,"Otalia in Love on Guiding Light? Women in love: Are Crystal Chappell and Jessica Leccia becoming daytime's new "it" couple?", March 10, 2009, www.advocate.com.

Entertainment Weekly,"The Must List - The Top 10 Things We Love This Week", March 13, 2009, page10-11 (print edition).
Branco, Nelson. TVGuide.ca "Guiding Light's Otalia: 2009 Sexiest Couple Alive", March 11, 2009, http://tvguide.sympatico.msn.ca.

"BuzzWorthy Radio: Crystal Chappell & Mary Beth Evans", blogtalkradio.com 02-27-2009 (Retrieved 03-02-2009).
Halterman, Jim. "'Guiding Light' Stars Crystal Chappell and Jessica Leccia Dish on 'Otalia'" AfterEllen.com 03-01-2009.
McClure, Danielle.

"The Odd Couple: GUIDING LIGHT's Crystal Chappell and Jessica Leccia open up about their complex on-screen love story". Soap Opera Digest, pp 62-65, March 30, 2009.

Matos,Colossus. "My Two Mommies", thinkpinkradio.com, 01-20-2009.

D'Emidion,Tiffany."Television: Guiding Light Coming Out of the Closet?", eclipsemagazine.com, February 9, 2009.
"Guiding Light","(11-03-2007)", Guiding Light, CBS.

Jones, J. Bernard. Daytime Confidential: Top 10 Reasons To Watch Guiding Light Right Now
www.daytimeconfidential.com, January 30, 2009 (Retrieved April 12, 2009).

"Jacqueline Tsirkin", Internet Movie Database, imdb.com.
Purvis,Matt. "Guiding Light Weekly Blog, Blogging at the Beacon. Thoughts on the Week of February 2-6", soaps.com, February 9, 2009; D'Emidion,Tiffany."Television: Guiding Light Coming Out of the Closet?", eclipsemagazine.com, February 9, 2009;

Incognito,Lauren. "Where the Girls are on TV: Jessica Capshaw, Megan Mullally, Portia de Rossi", she wired.com, February 9, 2009.

Bhattacharjee,Mala. News Editor, "Blogging with Mala" Archived 2009-03-02 at the Wayback Machine, soapoperadigest.com, February 17, 2009 (Retrieved 02-23-2009); Mail Call, Soap Opera Weekly, March 3, 2009,"GL: Otalia are still receiving an ovation from readers";

Branco,Nelson. "Nelson Ratings Jan. 12-Feb 16, 2009" Archived 2009-02-08 at the Wayback Machine, tvguide.sympatico.msn.ca,(Retrieved 02-23-2009).

Branco,Nelson. CA "Can a Soap Star Come Out?", October 08, 2008, tvguide.sympatico.msn.ca.

Logan,Michael. "Guiding Light's Olivia and Natalia: Lez Be Frenemies?", tvguide.com,October 23, 2008.

Incognito,Lauren. "Where the Girls are on TV: Angelina Jolie, Jessica Capshaw, Rachel Shelley" she wired.com, February 24, 2009

Giddens,Jamey. "Soap Opera Weekly Reveals Otalia Kiss Next Week!", daytimeconfidential.com, January 15, 2009.

Davis, Herndon. "Racial vs. Gay Diversity on Daytime Television", March 6, 2009, http://herndon.newsvine.com.

• Members

Learn to accept criticism graciously, instead of consistently getting defensive every time someone calls you out. It astounds me someone comes into a community, angers a good chunk of the active members, then gets angry that people aren't nice to them.