Guiding Light discussion thread

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I definitely did not mean to if I did. They were long gone. We agree that they were long gone.

I don't consider EW to have had shoddy production values. I do defend Wheeler's productions value, yes.

I meant by that to acknoweldge that they did have to learn to write TO the new medium and that they didn't initially know how to write to it.

By that I just meant that having ConWest hanging over, was in their way when they needed to be getting on with the business of proactively teaching themselves how to write for the new production model. Didn't Ellen Weston stay a whole year in the way? She was the Writer.  And. Conboy was the Producer but he was the Producer who was spending more than his share of budget, spending budget that Wheeler would need, etc.

Well, if it seemed like that, I'm sorry it did because it was not what I meant. The effects of what Weston wrote infringed & the amount that Conby spent infringed. But, they were gone. We agree that they were gone.

Hangover.

I  just love giving you a laugh!

• Members

Worst EPs ever: I name John Conboy over his brief tenure at GL. I name JFP over 4 shows including the murder of Frankie Frame at AW & killing Mo at GL. To me Ellen Wheeler did a great job with the new production model and with the stories of Otalia & Jammy & the new show music & themes. She also came up with budget to make up for a deficit Conboy created.

• Members

I couldn’t stand Jonathan and he was yet another way I saw Reva continuing to take airtime from other characters. He never should have been brought back after we finally got rid of him and I still hate to this day he never paid for stealing Lizzie’s daughter from her. Why was Phillip wasting his time in ‘09 throwing Grady over a cliff when he should have thrown Jonathan over a cliff?

While I never had strong feelings over the Otalia story one way or the other, I still think Olivia was a pretty ridiculous choice to all of a sudden go that way with her previous romantic history and I did think they were overrated to the extreme.

I still wish Marcy Walker hadn’t been so misused as Tangier’s Hill. Under better circumstances I think she could have done well. She had a good vibe with the rest of the cast.

• Members

Now, I loved Jonathan, hated Sandy & that danged hand puppet. Oy, Ellen Weston, loved Jammy, and loved Jonathan & Sarah. Bill & Lizzie were good together. I found Reva to be too much there at the end & with Jeffrey O'Neill. I don't like doppelgangers. Prince Richard was enough. We didn't need him back after that. Loved Otalia & their international popularity.

• Members

While I never had strong feelings over the Otalia story one way or the other, I still think Olivia was a pretty ridiculous choice to all of a sudden go that way with her previous romantic history and I did think they were overrated to the extreme.

Loved Otalia & their international popularity.

You contradict yourself Donna. In another thread, you posted about Frankie’s murder being the brainchild of Susan Lee at NBC and Margaret DePriest. JFP had nothing to do with Frankie’s murder. Getting back to GL, again, you post incorrect information. Jonathan and Tammy happened well AFTER Ellen Weston left GL, but you claim that Ellen Weston loved Jammy. Please post facts and not fiction. Thank you. 

• Members

No, VR, I'm not contradicting myself. Susan D. Lee AND JFP  were behind the murder of Frankie Frame. Margaret DePreist was the HW of it. The idea of doing a focus group to decide which female to murder came out of Susan D. Lee AND JFP. JFP was definitely a part of Frankie's death. Read up on it at the AWHP. You're woefully behind. WLS.net blames her, too. I never said that Ellen Weston liked Jammy. Ellen Weston gave us Sandy & that damned sock puppet & Maryanne Carruthers & Carrie Nye & a bunch of other stuff but NOT JAMMY. Please get your info straight.