Guiding Light discussion thread

• Members

And she wonders why she's being "chewed out". 

@Donna B If you can't figure out at this point why people are "chewing you out more than neccessary", then maybe consider taking on board the reasons we have told you why we're annoyed with you, instead of thumbing your nose at us, and immediately repeating the same behaviours that caused us to "chew you out" to begin with.

Grow up.

• Replies 12.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

And promptly ignored it by returning to the exact same behaviours.

I'm done trying to have sense into you. If you can't figure out why people haven't been welcoming at this rate, then you're beyond help, because we have done NOTHING but explain it to you. Over and over again. Take some responsibility for your own actions.

• Members

Marcy Walker arrives in November 1993, correct? So the YT channel that has Fall 1993 should have her episodes soon.

It was posted in the "They Almost Became" thread that Marcy Walker turned down B&B and joined GL instead, but I have no idea how she would've fit on B&B in 1993 as their cast then was quite full of females around her age.

Which 1993 Friend of Jill incident is the most egregious, Justin Deas, Marj Dusay, or Marcy Walker?

• Members

I'm gonna rule out Marcy just because it was the shortest run. Justin and Marj's performances seem to have had a lot of detractors over the years. I've got nothing against her personally, but let's go with Marj just because she was so, so miscast.

• Members

I think in terms of look and delivery and watching early Marj as Alex, I can see why they cast her. It's unfortunate that Alex became a cartoon and Marj lost her way in the role.

Justin Deas was vastly over used and so beyond grating. He'd be my pick. lol. I'd have rather seen him dumped in the water and forgotten about instead of poor Nadine.

I thought Marcy Walker fit in well with the cast but the character just ultimately didn't seem work. I need to see more of her time on the show; the bits I've seen I can see why she didn't catch on but there was a lot of missed opportunity and potential, I think. I was glad Marcy went back to AMC.

Not a friend of Jill thing, just something I've thought about recently because I'm watching old episodes on Youtube, but I know folks often didn't like Ron Raines as Alan but, like Marj as Alex, I can see why the would have cast him. His voice sounds similar to the other two Alan's (Bernau and Pilon). The problem was with both Pilon and Raines, they weren't bad, they just weren't Bernau, which I completely understand. But I didn't mind Raines or what I've seen of Pilon. And also with Raines Alan, they often just made him a scapegoat and ultimately a bellowing cartoon much like Alex. It was a shame. They weren't awful recasts, they just weren't Bernau and McKinsey, who were just simply amazing, and couldn't be topped, in the roles.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Marcy and JFP's relationship apparently went sour over how things turned out. In the late 90's there were rumblings that JFP would join AMC and Marcy was asked about it, and she seemed to give a timid response. Of course, JFP ended up at OLTL instead. 

Beverlee McKinsey's shoes are just too hard to fill. They did write Joan's Alex closer to character though. 

Edited by BetterForgotten