Guiding Light discussion thread

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

You just posted these same links 2 hours ago!

I'm done being nice about this. You spam threads with endless links no one cares about, irrelevant walls of text longer than the Canadian border, random search strings, pointless anecdotes that add nothing to any conversation, post incorrect info on the daily, and bump years-dead topics to reply to what someone said in 2005, and then have the audacity to wonder why you're the only person who people are being short with! It's unbelievable!

Nobody is coming here to give you the attention you so obviously are desperate to receive. If you want to prattle on like this, start a Blogger account. You can copy/paste whatever you want there and post 45 times a day there. This is not the place.

• Members

I didn't realize I duplicated the Paley Center YT links. I had no idea you were trying to be nice. I don't think I am a spammer. I don't think I post pointless anecdotes, whatever that might be, I make errors sometimes and I correct them. I don't think I am being audacious about a handful of people being snarky. I just got a new soap opera book "Writing for Daytime Drama" by Jean Rouverol in the mail at mid-day and besides looking at that and watching DOOL live and being on the computer I was multi-tasking. And, last up, I am not here looking for attention.

• Members

You would've known you'd duplicated your post if you'd bothered to look.

You are ABSOLUTELY a spammer, particularly when there are threads where the last 40 (I'm not exaggerating) are JUST YOU copying and pasting random crap from who-knows-where.

The Jean Rouverol book is about three and a half decades old. We all know about it. Don't post about it here.

You inject yourself into literally every active topic and immediately kill any discussion by overwhelming it with the first thing that happens to enter your mind.

Just step away from the keyboard.

Edited by beebs

• Members

Maybe this will help. 

an·ec·dote
/ˈanəkˌdōt/

noun
  1. a short amusing or interesting story about a real incident or person.
    "told anecdotes about his job"
    Similar:
    story

tale

narrative

sketch

urban myth

urban legend

reminiscence

yarn

shaggy-dog story

• an account regarded as unreliable or hearsay.
      "his wife's death has long been the subject of rumor and anecdote"

Since you posted a definition in one of your 991 posts , I figured it may help
Edited by slick jones

• Members

You certainly implied in the worst executive producer thread that Conboy and Weston had stuff to do with the Peapack days. You defended Wheeler's shoddy production values during Peapack and then went on to say, "the next part was learning how to write for the new structure. Which they very well did, but it took some time & part of that time was wasted having ConWest in place!" Sorry but that statement gives the impression that Conboy and Weston were still employed in 2008. They were gone by 2004 so how could their employment have had anything to do with the time to implement storytelling changes that occurred in 2008?