Guiding Light discussion thread

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Millee was at GL twice during a certain period of time. I think that's what got me thinking about her & an early germ of Jonathan. But, Kreizman & Wheeler make so much more sense.

Head writer of Guiding Light (with Stephen Demorest, Leah Laiman and Nancy Williams Watt)
(with Patrick Mulcahey: 1994 - August 1994) 1994 - November 1994

Head Writer of Guiding Light (with Carolyn Culliton)
November 2002 - September 12, 2003

Succeeded by Ellen Weston Donna Swajeski

That's the second time you've called me a NUT & it flat-out offends me. I have called you NO NAMES. I will call you none. I am better than that. I'm sorry you don't know better than to call names.

• Members

Sorry, but Jonathan Randall straight up sucked and the actor was nothing to write home about. I felt bad for ATWT fans when I heard they got stuck with him, and considering that show got to keep their sets to the end and got more time between cancellation and last episode, I irrationally resented them for quite a while.

I might be outing myself as an idiot, but for all I’ve privately bemoaned GL utterly wasting Marcy Walker, I never really thought about who else she could have portrayed. 

I like Khan’s idea, or if they wanted to connect her to Roger, maybe she could have been a foster child or adopted child that Adam and Sara would have had and then come to Springfield because she found out and then was curious about the biological child Adam never talked about.

• Members

But...hadn't Adam and Sara divorced by the time both left town?

Another idea: bring Marcy Walker to GL as a Beth recast.  I don't think Grant Aleksander had returned at that point, but I don't believe that would have made a huge difference.  Beth could have returned to Springfield to help Lillian deal with the fallout from her and Ed's affair; we would have learned that Beth and Phillip had grown apart while in Arizona and decided to divorce; and then Beth would have taken steps toward re-establishing her life in SF (getting involved in Spaulding business, perhaps, or even resuming her artistic career; maybe even pursuing a tentative romance with Nick) that would have had her in the right place, both professionally and emotionally, just in time for Phillip to make his grand return.

Edited by Khan

• Members

I still can't believe AMC thought they could get away with casting Beth Ehlers as Liza Colby.  I think I would've seen whether Elizabeth Dennehy or Alexandra Neil was up for the job before hiring BE.  As it was, she didn't even make for a decent Taylor, and that character was created FOR her!

• Members

I apologize for any offence but my response came from the frustration that was shared with others when suddenly multiple threads were full of rambling, irrelevant, repetitive posts.

I welcome all posts. Of course, I may not agree or be interested in each and every one but at the least I would hope the poster put some time or thought into them.

It seems that Donna is aware of that and is modifying her style. 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

http://www.anotherworldhomepage.com/mff1.html

Who Killed Frankie Frame?

Frankie Frame

April 14, 1989 - August 22, 1996

Never Forgotten

[It should be noted that in recent interviews, JFP acknowledges blame over Mo's death but says she was not to blame over Frankie. That's simply not true & she is blamed for Framie, by fans, in the AWHP and by WLS.net]

Edited by Donna B
JFP content