Guiding Light discussion thread

• Members

When was Richard Van Vleet's last ep as Ed. SOC has March 21 1986 but I saw the April 3 1986 eppy on youtube and Richard is still Ed with Ellen Parker as Maureen. When did PS return as ED in 1986?

Edited by John

• Replies 12.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Brighter Day and One Man's Family just de-aged everyone. I guess it was a good thing that GL's radio cast was fairly new and young and so were their stories, so there was no need to turn the clock back.

(I do wonder why Jone Allison didn't last on TV as Meta)

• Members

I'm not sure how Laura Wright would have played Tammy's death. Certainly differently for sure.

Laura Wright seemed perfect as Cassie.. chip on her shoulder, thought the world owed her something,e tc. I could buy her playing a hardened stripper with a heart of gold buried deep within... I disliked that the show made Cassie into a heroine.. just didn't fit with the essence of Cassie at all nor how Laura Wright played the part.

I could never buy Nicole Forster playing the hardened stripper whatsoever.. she seemed much too contained and controlled to play Cassie.. imho.

It was like two different characters.

• Members

That was that whole weird writing at that time. Alan, who was mostly a toothless villain in the last decade of GL..finally does something that actually has an impact, and they have this wussy guy who is falling all over the dreaded Gus...suddenly be heartless. I thought they were going to write him as being remoresefull but hiding it...you know, in a justfied Alan thing, it was the dumb hired killer' fault or Jonathon. I just thought it was weird that Alan who took on Roger and Alex, Billy, Vanessa, H.B. etc. not figuring out another way to get rid of Jonathon.

It was also weird that Alex had no reaction about this. This would have been the perfect time to re ignite Alex, who lost her own ealry 20s son, who sees Alan is responsible for Tammy's death, sees that he is power mad and takes every effort to punish him in her own Alex way. They had Beth be upset over Tammy for 2 seconds and then she is trying to get it on with Alan. Just weird writing, good ideas but they were afraid to actually have any implications like having Alan jailed, his family against him, etc. So it took the bite out of it.

• Members

I agree with everything you said and no one really paid for what happened to Tammy. That trial in 2008 was a travesty. At least there was SOME justice when when Phillip threw Grady (hate that they connected him to Cyrus) off that cliff.

Another thing that bugged me was that Natalia and Rafe didn't really have any connection to anyone besides Gus, and barely any Spaulding scenes with them, then they became an extension of the Coopers to a degree