Guiding Light discussion thread

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It's funny that the show revolved around Reva especially in the late 90s through the end but I got three people to watch the show with me circa 1993 through 2002 (when I was in college).. and the one consistent thing these three people were interested in was Blake. One of them even was invested in the Tory Granger story and was bummed that she had to go to europe for the summer because she was totally hooked on it. When she came back in the fall, she was bummed that the story wrapped up so I sent her a detailed summary of the last few months of the story.

• Members

The Robert Calhoun era is such a fascinating time to me for GL. Such an easy and almost seamless transition from Pam Long to Curlee/Demorest and IMO stories seemed to build and only get better in the last few years of Long's second tenure. I've watched episodes of GL from 89-90 and the Reva/Dylan/Billy stuff was incredible, the Alan-Michael/Harley and Blake/Roger/Holly material was great television as well. I just loved everything about the show around this time, and yet I feel its the most overlooked period for the show.