Guiding Light discussion thread

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

An actor named Juan Carlos Hernandez according to IMDB. He was a dayplayer so I couldn't remember who played him. All I could remember who Mick Santos was (seeing as I LOVED the Santos saga on GL), and the character Mick being the catalyst to Carmen wanting Michelle dead.

Oh how I miss Carmen, Danny, Tony, Michelle (JBL version), Marah (LB version but I liked LM version too), crazy granny Maria, and Ray. sad.png I didn't care for Pilar that much.

• Members

I heard through the grapevine that Don Stewart (who played Mike Bauer for 16 years!!) and Melinda Fee were NOT well-liked by the cast when they were on. The word was that both were mean and that DS never bothered to learn his lines and depended on everyone else to rehearse with him endlessly until he did.

Has anyone else heard all this?

• Members

Paul - thanks so much for posting that picture of Millette Alexander - she still looks amazing.

amybrickwallace - I've heard those rumors as well. I have no idea to the truth of these rumors (especially as DS is my current avatar), but nothing surprises me any more. I really hope not, but who's to say? I will say this, if you are asking how DS could have lasted for 16 years on GL if he was NOT well-liked by the cast - DS was very, very popular in the soap polls, certainly ranking in the top 10 of fan-voted "Best Actors" category in "Daytime TV" magazine almost every time in the early 1970's. It could be that his popularity helped keep him around for a long time.

• Members

I am FB friends with Elissa Leeds Elkin, who played preteen Hope Bauer. She said that even though she was the only kid on the set, she was treated wonderfully. Elissa said that the castmate she was closest to was Fran Myers, and that she loved Charita Bauer very much. She was also close to her on-screen stepmother, Lynne Adams.