Guiding Light discussion thread

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Does anyone know where I could find a list of the characters from the time travel storyline? One that shows which characters from the present were seen as in the past? Thanks! I know it wasn't a popular storyline, but I'm working on my cast lists from this show, and even though they weren't popular, but I still consider them characters. Unfortunately, I took a break from GL at the time and now I'm trying to fill in some blanks.

• Members

I was watching an early Quint/Nola clip (late 1981, I'm guessing - it's during the Diane Ballard murder investigation), and Nola says while they're on a plane to San Francisco that he doesn't know what it was like for her to sleep with three sisters.

I guess they rewrote that later on, as the only sister we saw for her run was Maureen. Then later they brought in Chelsea.

• Members

I've been watching some Quint and Nola clips with my mother (who was a fan of theirs back in the day - not a big fan but she liked them - so it's been nice to see the clips with her), and I'm trying to figure out when Marland left exactly and when the writing shifted. Was it around St. Croix?

Watching this clip is weird, because I don't remember Gracie ever being so aggressive toward Nola before (or toward anything). She says some pretty harsh things about Nola's patterns with men and about how untrustworthy Quint is. While I guess someone did need to say this, I wonder if it would have been said when Marland was there (or was this still him)? I mostly just remember, in the few clips I've seen of Gracie before this time, happily enabling Nola.

• Members

At the time, "Annie vs. Reva" seemed like a very exciting story -- or it was, until TPTB got drunk on the whole thing. In retrospect, though, it seems so odd that such a JER-esque tale ever occurred on GUIDING LIGHT.