Guiding Light discussion thread

• Replies 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I believe P&G and Rauch wanted to keep Lenz after her teen Reva arc so they dumped Budig for her. Lenz was just 17 at the time she began as Michelle but played early 20's just like when SMG was AMC's Kendall.

The right actress for the role, age be damned

Edited by John

• Members
I've always felt that was a mistake too. Especially all the times they kept bringing Alan-Michael back.

As well as Mike Bauer. He should have stayed around in 1997 when he came back for the anniversary.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

It didn't quite so much bother me that Hope never came back (though that did bother the hell out of me and still does) as much as whenever they did mention her, she was either back to drinking or in rehab. Just don't mention her at all if you're gonna keep twisting the knife.

• Members

abw - Did Elissa indicate that DS was good to her?

Also - I heard around the time that Michelle was recast that RB was "forced" to leave so that JL could take over as Michelle Bauer. I was never certain of its validity, though.

• Members

Elissa didn't say, but she also had very nice things to say about Vicky Wyndham, Nancy Addison and Caroline McWilliams - called them all sweethearts and that they were great to work with. As a child actress, working with the likes of the aforementioned women as well as Charita Bauer, Millette Alexander and Fran Myers, many of whom were on the show for many years - what role models to have!! smile.png

• Members

I'm glad that there's a large consensus that believes that Hope should've returned to the show. I think she could've filled the role of Bauer matriarch, the "guiding light" of the show like Maureen & Bert previously did. I think had they brought her back around the time Maureen was killed, it could've somewhat softened the blow.

• Members

They should have done so, and had her coupled with Ross, who was the patriarch of the show at that time. But the "Blossies," (God I hate couple names) would have gone NUTS. I think Blake got lost as soon as she married Ross...they should have her them split up as the old bad girl (or at least slut) resurfaced. Blake was more fun being a bitch then being a ditz.

• Members

Even though I didn't care for Ron Raines' Alan, I would've wanted Hope tossed back in his orbit. After seeing old episodes of Alan & Hope's union (via YouTube), I'd want them to be together. She's clearly the only woman that made Alan want to be a better man even though he always wasn't. I would've loved for Hope's alcoholism to be brought up (as it was the Bauer curse), and for Alan to help her with her struggle and feel some remorse. And Hope should've been at Alan's side with Phillip in the show's final episodes when Alan died.

They should've brought her back.