Guiding Light discussion thread

• Members

For me, GUIDING LIGHT ended LONG before the final episode...but I definitely understand how you feel, Julia, in regards to feelings of withdrawal. Four years later, and people STILL can't wrap their minds around the fact that the show is gone. :(

• Replies 12.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I'm mostly with Khan, in that I said goodbye to GL several times, years before it ended (the last time probably being when Jonathan came in). I still miss it, and I still think it could be revived. With that said, I'm glad it at least got an ending I was satisfied with, unlike ATWT, which still angers me three years later.

• Members

I do, too -- but only under certain conditions. IOW, I don't want a "return to Peapack." Nor do I want a set-up similar to the PP revivals of AMC and OLTL, quite frankly. (Their production values weren't that impressive to me.)

Edited by Khan

• Members

He definitely was. I was never all that interested in Hart but I do wonder what Stabb might have been longer-term, although the writing was so uneven, he probably wouldn't have lasted.

The character profiles tend to condense the worst parts of a character's story. Nola's is much better than most of her material, especially in her second run.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I'm not sure if this is the right thread for it but it didn't seem to fit anywhere else. Ellen Wheeler recently had a reunion in Peapack with several GL alums: Robert Newman, Jordan Clarke, Michael O'Leary, Beth Chamberlin, Liz Keifer, Frank Dicopulous, Jessica Leccia, Yvonna Wright, Caitlin Van Zandt, Kurt McKinney, Jennifer Roszell, Michelle Ray Smith, Bonnie Dennison, and Tom Pelphrey to discuss a new project. Jill Lorie Hurst is also involved. Wheeler doesn't say as much but it sounds to me like they're trying to put together a GL-like webseries with the serial numbers filed off because P&G owns the trademarks and characters and won't give them up. She also says that there are many other cast members they hope can be involved if this takes off but who weren't at this first meeting. I guess the nostalgia is still strong enough with me that I hope something comes of this even if Wheeler is involved.

http://www.welovesoaps.net/2013/11/ellen-wheeler-interview-1.html

Edited by RoseVioletDaisy

• Members

Jennifer Roszell? That's random.

Surprised to see no CC on there. Or Grant Aleksander.

GL and ATWT were "my" shows, and I will always believe there is a place for Guiding Light in this world.

This will likely not go anywhere, but I wish them well.

And anyone in the soap "press" who sneers at this project can kiss my ass.

• Members

I'm apprehensive not because of what happened with PP, but because of Wheeler. If the soap press makes negative comments about it because they are on the record about not liking Peapack GL I can accept it. I'd rather have that then the opposite of boasting praise that is a lie.