Guiding Light discussion thread

• Members

Just FYI: Robert Bogue (Mallet) has another featured voice role in the new Grand Theft Auto V, releasing tomorrow at midnight. I thought I heard his voice while watching some video from the game, and I checked into it and it's him.

The Rockstar Games projects, and the GTA series in particular, have often featured soap alumni, particularly a number of alumni from OLTL and GL. GTA IV featured the late Doris Belack (and Sunset Beach's Tim Adams, who played Ron Walsh on OLTL), and Bogue played an ambitious bouncer in the game's second expansion, The Ballad of Gay Tony.

I always liked Bogue, and he has a facility for dark comedy that both of his GTA credits enjoy.

Edited by Vee

• Replies 12.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I was reading a Doug Marland interview from late 1980, and he talked a little about his plans for GL. They included some that I know happened, and some like a Jennifer/Mike romance (did that happen?). He also said Sara would get romance, which I don't think happened. He said he really wanted to do more with Sara and Bert.

I hate that P&G forced Milette Alexander out.

• Members

Sara's last "romance" was with Adam, uninspired and rushed as I remember, and really just to drive another stake in Barbara's heart. She always lived Adam.

Bert was doing Dr. Jackson and I'll never believe otherwise. He was over for dinner WAY too much.

Mike. The Stud of Springfield. He "dated" everyone, including Jennifer. As upstanding as he was supposed to be, he had no problem helping Elizabeth commit adultery on TWO husbands! And once while he was "dating" Jackie! Mike was seeing Alexandra when he left the show--there was still a lot of life left in the old boy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Thomas123853 posted an episode from 1977 on youtube. It's the Man of the Year Awards dinner for Mike Bauer where Bill Bauer is secretly watching on the sidelines. It features so many wonderful characters and moments. Besides the Bauers, there's the original Hilary Bauer, Rita, Bert and Steve Jackson flirting, very early Katie Parker and Peggy Thorpe toward the end of her run. I love, love Fran Myers and she is typically understated and fabulous. She has the most beautiful eyes.

It's taped from the TV so turn your volume WAY up, but it's a gem.

• Members

Yet another GL alum does Grand Theft Auto V - Beth Chamberlin as black widow Abigail Mathers, a side mission character.

For the record, also, here's Robert Bogue as corrupt "FIB" (FBI) agent Steven Haines, one of the key villains of the game. He's often seen in active missions, but he also is a TV star who hosts a "true crime" show, as seen here.

• Members

I'm having this weird delayed reaction to GL's cancellation tonight. F*ck! I miss this show so much. It's my own fault for refusing to grieve when it ended. I'm like a loved one who refuse to go to the funeral and then freak out a few years later. mad.gif I just can't accept that I'm never going to see these characters again.