OLTL: Discussion for the week September 14

• Members

I can see that conversation now.

Ron: Let's bring back Ellen Holly!

Frons: I love it. She was so hot on Picket Fences. And she used to be married to Jim Carrey!

Ron: No, that's...

Frons: Go write something about Stacy giving lap dances to help induce labor. Hello, Chuck? Yeah. Jim Carrey's ex was on your show, right? She wants back in daytime? Cast her as the new Ruth Martin? Works for me!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Holly's book was some time ago; I've seen other "blacklisted" stars, like George Reinholt, reappear briefly on the shows they burned their bridges at. Let's not forget Roscoe Born was poison at one point. I was glad Erika Slezak finally set the record straight recently, though, on how Holly unfairly called her out in her otherwise wonderful book.

I don't really ever expect them to bring Ellen Holly back. I would like to see those old families acknowledged, however.

• Administrator

It certainly feels like it doesn't it! Watch once AMC is done with the transition, Frons will focus again on OLTL. ABC execs should just leave Carlivati alone...or at least stop telling him what stories to write or not write (ie. Rex's daddy....Ron had the story planned out but Frons nixed it).

• Members

Hot damn! I am a Kyle/Fish fan but Nick is SULTRY! I can't believe we got a make out scene and an unbuttoned shirt on daytime TV :ph34r: Love it.

Not loving Blair, unfortunately. She's completely regressed from last year's mature single mom. She's so irritating. I wish Tea, Todd and Blair could go on the back burner for a few months...

• Members

Yeah, I guess I can agree with this. When he uses the right characters and the right storylines, I'm aight. I've begrudgingly gotten back on the Kyliver train thanks to today's episode, though I won't forget the shortcomings thus far.

I could love the show if we didn't have to put up with Gigi/Rex/Stacy and Todd and the Hot Tamales.

ETA: How obvious could it possibly be that this show is being run by two gay men? Each scene is like a different aisle in a gigantic mancandy store.

Archived