OLTL: Discussion for the week September 14

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

According to the OLTL 30th anniversary book:

"Nora Gannon faced a life-threatening crisis of her own when she was diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor that required immediate surgery in 1993. She reluctantly opted to go under the knife -- without informing Bo! Just after the operation, Bo found out the truth and raced to her side, where he stayed throughout the ordeal. Afterward, Bo took Nora to a beach house to recuperate, then left for New York on business. While he was gone, Nora temporarily lost her eyesight, then found herself trapped in the house by a knife-beaing Todd Manning -- who had escaped from prison! As Todd held his knife to Nora's throat, he wickedly declared taht now she was on trial -- and he was the judge and jury. Todd viciously tried to rape Nora, but she thwarted his attempt by bashing him over the head with a lamp. In the nick of time, Bo who'd heard about Todd's escape on the radio, came back to the beach house and rescued Nora. Unfortuantely Todd Manning slithered into the night!"

• Members

Yeah, FloLo has a certain ability to remind me that I'm not gay. She's almost up there with Chrishell for me.

*sigh* As much as I'd love some Markkole, I actually just want them to be straight and stay with their gals. They're almost like the younger version of my beloved Jess/Nat/Brody/Jared, especially now that Starr and Cole have had their airtime diminished a bit since the summer. I kinda like them as a couple now.

• Members

Having a female rival has I believe ruined Blair over the past year (first Marty, now Tea). Todd is now too propped and leading man to have any rivals.

I think they just need to find Starr a job and get her away from being at home with the baby, or just being with Cole. I want to see her in stories that have nothing to do with angst or melodrama about her personal life.

• Members

ITA, Carl. I have noticed that most soap characters do not have careers or meaningful jobs any more, especially the women. It likely has to do with not wanting to build more sets, but it would be good for Starr, Cole, and Langton to work at the Banner or the police station or the hospital. They all need something to do that will give us a much needed break from their personal drama.

Archived