OLTL: Discussion for the week September 14

• Members

Hey, you beat me to it. I was just about to post this! LOL

I agree....it was too funny. laugh.gif

LOL. The funniest part was when he said that he would even do "daytime extra" work.

Haha....Viki asks David whose "change he can believe in," her's or Dorian's. That line was classic.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Exactly the part I was thinking of! That and when he ran in all out of breath!:lol:

Yes, that's LH doing her best Mahalia from Imitation of Life. A Hall connection would have indeed been nice, I want all the bad blood squashed and Ellen Holly back on OLTL even in a recurring capacity.

• Members

You'll find no bigger advocate for sprinkling Llanview with more Woleks, Halls, etc. than me. There are very easy, non-overbearing ways to do it that don't unseat the later families we love like the Buchanans - say Schuyler's mother was a relative of Jim Craig, linking him to that long-held Llanview medical family (Sky was a med student). Bring back a grandchild for Dr. Larry, and let Larry get a little tribute for being the hardest-working general practitioner in Llanview - I've had that planned in my head for years, starting with him waking up in the hospital break room for another tireless, thankless shift, right next to a framed picture of the late Meredith. Let Judith Light return briefly, give him a little happiness.

And yes, bring on some Halls and let things get resolved with Ellen Holly before she passes away. It's just not right what they did there, and the story clearly affects Agnes Nixon to this day, who wept when she recounted the Carla storyline in an interview for SoapNet last year during the anniversary. Bring on some kids to pick up that torch from Ed and Carla, let people watching today know what they mean Llanview and why you can put Carla and Larry next to Viki and Dorian as leaders of the community. I remember when there were rumors out there some time ago that Victoria Rowell was coming to the show. I'd have killed to see her play Carla's daughter.

• Members

So true. I think he's really struck gold with the Evan's family. Even when the acting is not perfect I still like these people. I want to watch them and see what is happening in their lives. I'm finding them very rootable. It's a nice change from Stacy/Rex overload. My only regret is that the Shaun/Rachel/Greg triangle didn't play out for a much longer period of time.

• Members

Yep. They've done a very good job of casting people who's lives I actually want to follow. I liked Nash and Jessica, but I had a very easy time accepting Brody. He's definitely the kind of character it's easy to root for. Charlie is spot on perfect as well. He's very believable as someone in recovery trying to do better with his second chance.

• Members

They would not ever bring Ellen Holly back to OLTL. Not even for a visit. Although I doubt that anyone who was at OLTL or ABC at the time of her firing is still there, she committed a cardinal sin in the industry: she wrote a book, exposing her mistreatment from the brass and other dirty little secrets. Something that the new administrations still wouldn't take too kindly of. No matter how bad you were kicked, you never tell. When Ed Hall and his and Carla's grandson Jared visited in 2000, they did not even speak Carla's name. If Carlivati came up with something involving the return of Carla, or a new character with a connection to her, I'd bet a paycheck that Frons would veto it. The bridge is burned.

Archived