OLTL: Discussion for the week September 14

• Members

I read this and I got to thinking that Blair DOES have a list of crimes under her belt that she has never paid for.

She blackmailed Dorian Lord for ownership of the Intruder by having Dorian sign a murder confession that she forged.

She withheld Asa's medication and left him for dead on the floor of Asa's living room.

Tried to extort money from Viki for information she had on Dorian about Victor's murder.

She bribed a court clerk to ensure that Nora ended up representing Dorian for the murder of Victor Lord.

Ran down Luna Moody with her car, paralyzing Luna.

She pushed Tea out of a window.

She spearheaded and engineered the fraud that lead Asa and Renee to believe Max was their son.

She physically assaulted Skye Chandler and held her head in a toilet. :D

She shot Max Holden in the back.

She held Max at gunpoint to make him confess that Max drugged her and arranged for Todd to see her and Max in bed.

Along with Dorian and Jessica, she kidnapped Mitch Laurence.

Those are just the crimes for which she could be criminally charged! She has told countless lies about being pregnant to Asa, Max and Todd; she entered into phony marriages with Todd (for money!) and John for the sake child custody concerns; she created misleading and malicious headlines for personal pleasure when she ran the Sun; she suppressed the knowledge that Todd was the Lord heir before marrying him; she.....

Well, you get the idea! Blair is no saint, and has committed numerous crimes, just like Todd, and is just as morally ambiguous. Now, she is willing to overlook and excuse the actions of the man who kidnapped her children (!) in order to stay in Todd's orbit.

Todd and Blair are made for each other. Theirs is a sick and twisted relationship to be sure, but they are made for each other.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I loved John and Blair so much. Blair really turned John into a living, breathing person for a change, and I thought for sure we'd get more of that, but alas, they put Queen Marty back with him and threw put Blair back with the Todd and Tea Comedy Hour.

I'm rewatching some parts from yesterday's show...when did we learn that Kyle has a boyfriend? And geez, that making out is hot. How can people continue to stand by ice cold, non-romantic Nuke when you're getting steam from a random newbie on OLTL?

Also, Jess/Brody and Nat/Jared are so much better than the lame storyline they're stuck with. So much better.

How many of those crimes were crimes that directly (or indirectly) harmed Todd and/or the children, though?

• Members

Once we start going down that road, a number of people who have been on the show for a lengthy period of time would be as bad as Todd, by way of crimes they have never paid for. A number of Blair's crimes were committed while she was mentally ill, and as Jessica and Viki have proven over and over, you can do ANYTHING while mentally ill and not pay a price. Some of her other crimes resulted in her losing custody of Starr.

The problem is that while we are constantly reminded of what a selfish, bad person Blair is, we are almost as frequently reminded of what a stand-up guy Todd is. They even managed to turn him re-raping Marty into an act of love.

• Members

And while Blair has done a lot over the years,I'm not sure any of it is the equivalent of gang rape. That's definitely something that disqualifies my buying someone as a romantic lead. I still like Todd, but buying the version of him that they are writing right now is impossible for me.

• Members

Todd raped Carol Swift. Then he gang-raped Marty. Then he tried to rape her again, twice, both times only being stopped by physical force. Then he did rape Marty again, last year, while calling it love. Even now they still drop hints that Marty is Todd's true love.

I guess if Blair shooting Max had ended with various men chasing after Blair as she was constantly presented as the ideal heroine, I would see this as being as bad as Todd being painted as a hero because of his actions, but Blair wasn't treated that way. This led to a story where Max drugged her and made Todd think the baby was his, leading to Todd telling Blair the baby had died and selling him on the black market.

• Members

Knowing that he had a heart condition, Blair deliberately instigated a fight with Asa (this was after she married him for his money and pretended to be pregnant with his child), goading him into an attack while withholding his medication...hoping that he'd die. And before the whole shooting incident with Max happened, she drugged and strapped him naked to a table, threatening his life with a power drill. The show does on a semi-regular basis paint Blair as a some sort of earnest heroine, and has had a circus of men chasing after her, despite all of her notorious acts. She is regularly presented as a salacious, vamp, who is irresistible to every man she decides to seduce, and wins over every female she competes with for the affections of a lover. Acting as if Blair is some sort of 'put-upon' victim who gets sacrificied at the mantle of Todd. No, not quite.

• Members

Blair has had her fair share of romances, but in recent years, they usually end up with her on the losing end. Spencer was a psychopath, and John was so uninterested in her that he pictured Marty when they had sex.

I think at one time Blair and Todd were supposed to be equals but these days even with all the dropped comments various characters make about how similar they are, they are treated in very different ways. Todd, after becoming obsessed with Marty and having the rapemance with her, had a few months of shunning followed by getting custody of his kids, being completely forgiven by Viki and Jessica, and having two women fighting for him. Blair, after becoming spiteful over Marty/John and calling up the media and the cops on Marty, was stabbed and left for dead, lost custody of the kids, lost John for good, and now spends time pulling schemes against Tea and throwing herself at Todd.

I don't expect Todd and Blair to be the same, because most men on soaps now are always going to be held in higher esteem than women, but I would just like to see Blair in a story which does not involve Todd and Tea.

They pop up every few months, usually if Todd and Marty have a scene alone together. The way he looks at her.

• Members

I also believe that Todd attempted to rape Nora at the beach house following the trial. This was when Nora was temproarily blinded from a brain tumor.

And the second time he attempted to rape Marty was when Luna hit him with the pipe, giving him the scar.

Archived