OLTL: Discussion for the week September 14

• Administrator

Great scenes today with Brody/Jessica and Matthew/Destiny - especially that last one when Matthew got on the floor to be with Destiny.

I love them because it's because I'm so used to them on primetime shows (especially the CW shows).

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Today was awfully good. I even still like Greg and Rachel. Their scenes were very well-written - Terrell Tilford's hambone acting is hysterical at times, but I think he portrays the character as the sad kid he needs to be seen as now to gain some dimension and depth. Even Shenell Edmonds was actually good. I was shocked. She's usually just awful.

Brody and Jessica were wonderful. Mark Lawson is good for BW's acting.

• Members

:rolleyes: There's nothing wrong with BW's acting.

But I will say that I find Jessica and Brody as boring as reading a dull library book.

Brody had more chemistry with Layla. Too bad they threw that spark over to pair her up with, and further propel the character of, a guy who's into other men.

• Members

Really, I love Jess and Brody. I think the actors are great together. My only complaint is that their relationship is taking to long to be fleshed out. Hopefully, this medical crisis and gas lighting storyline will help get them back on track.

• Members

What a great episode. I can't believe I'm saying this but go Destiny. That little girls acting is average at best but she KNOCKED it out of the park today. Her scenes with Matthew were both emotional and understated. Matthew getting out of his wheelchair and sitting on the floor next to her had to be one of the most touching moments if seen on a soap in years.

Props to H.B.S. and Mark Lawson for their great work today. The look on Nora's face as she walked in on Destiny going ape sh*t on Greg was priceless and Brody's confession to Jess about wanting a family was heartbreaking.

• Members

I fail to see what was so great about Shannell Edmonds performance.  She was crying with no tears.  Then when the scene comes back, all of the sudden her face was soaked.  And the way she was withering around on the floor and sounding like a total Pollyanna was funny for all the wrong reasons.  Her casting continues to mystify me.

• Members

Greg *was* pretty bad, I guess those heightened moments aren't his strong suit.

Matthew hopping out of the chair was one of those moments where my gut froze and it was like, Okay, this can go one of two ways: touching and endearing, or go-to-hell-with-gasoline-drawers-on funny. I was a good boy and went with a. I still think that him and Destiny as a couple feels forced, but I would love love love to see them become the best of friends from now until the show ends, sort of like Cass and Felicia on AW.

Please let Shaun live!

Archived