Y&R Episode Discussion for the week of July 13

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought NB's comments on Heinle were more amusing than anything else. Shape up, this is a William Bell show! In name only. If Bill Bell were able to speak out on some of the problems dragging down his creation, Amelia Heinle would NOT be at the top of the list. There are so many poorly written characters on this show, especially women. They could cast the best actress in the world in this role and she would probably not be able to work with it.

• Members

I don't know, Carl. I'm sure Meryl Streep could do something with Victoria. ;)

A recast Victoria would be nice but I agree that AH is not even in the Top Ten of things wrong with the show. If Heather Tom or Gina Tognoni come knockin', then great. If not, AH's Vicky could "work" if JT & Vicky split up, and if Vicky was thrown into Michael/Lauren or even Billy/Mac. JT could be paired with Colleen or Heather. The main thing is to split them up.

I hate how Branco blames the failings of the show on the actors and refuses to criticize MAB. Even if AH is not Heather Tom, it's not her fault that Vicky is written as a pinhead with a weird art obsession.

• Members

The writing is a huge part of what is wrong with the character, but like Colleen IMO, it's equal parts casting and writing that makes this character such an epic fail. Amelia is horrendously miscast, and just about everything they give her, no matter how small, has been atrociously acted, especially over the past 3 years. This character needs to be retooled and written true to character, yes, but she also needs an actress that can play her for all she's worth, and Amelia Heinle hasn't ever delivered on that front, IMO.

Truthfully, with you know who possibly being offed, I think JT and Victoria need to divorce and JT should be written out. Again, this show desperately needs to pare down its cast, for budget reasons and because this current writing regime doesn't understand balance and rotation. I really do beleive JT is one of those characters whose time came and went a long time ago, how he's been here for a full decade is still a mystery to me.

• Members

I usually watch live, but am now going to tape and FF.

I did that today with Monday's US show and it was great to be able to FF Lily and Micheal and Kevin. While I am not a fan of Lily's, I have enjoyed the other two but having them still promoting the Silver Chipmunk when no one liked it to begin with, is nauseating. Didn't that [!@#$%^&*] start in April and yet it is still on my screen. That says to me that the Writers just don't give a crap if the audience hates it, they will shove it down our throats until we choke on it.

Add me to the list of those who preferred CE's Adam. Maybe it was the distaste he had for the storyline, but CE played the role in such a way that Adam became more sympathetic than Ashley and Victor to the point where I would worry that someone would catch him. Now I wish someone would so it could end already.

I did enjoy the chemistry between Chloe and P4 but then who doesn't she have chemistry with?

• Members

JT isn't as bad as AMC Aidan! Then again, no one is. What a completely useless character though the actor sure is handsome.

JT in his current incarnation is useless but I could see how JT could have a purpose under new conditions. If MJ really is a limited-run psycho, Paul might eventually be on his way out. DD's salary is a factor. There is a need for one Paul-type character on the show, but not two. If Paul left town and JT became the town private detective, he could also be the good guy consolation prize. One show that's done wonders with a Paul-type character is DAYS with the role of Rafe. He's a bona fide hero and quite well-liked. I don't know if TL/JT has what it takes to pull that off, but the town sure could use a genuine hero.

• Members

Kay: Young man why did you fake your death 20 years ago???

Phillip: Eh IDK I was in so much pain.... say did you ever get cable in this old place?

Nina: What about the pain we were in?? And yes the mansion has cable now. I watched True Blood here the other day

Phillip: Also I am so gay I was always gay

Jill: But you had a child

Phillip: What do you want me to say? That when your drunk Nina looked like a young Rob Lowe?? Whatever I got the job done that particular day. Can I stop talking about my sex life with my mom and pseudo-grandma???

Jill: What about Cane?

Phillip: He is a cool dude in fact he was my BFF for a while but anyone I have been answering questions for SIX whole minutes now give me a break (walks out of the room then starts to come back)

Phillip: Nina.....

Nina: Yes Phillip....

Phillip would you recommend that I get True Blood season 1 on DVD?

• Members

^^^^^Those scenes with Mac and JT the other day were nice, finally she gets to exist outside of Billy. But sadly, that never lasts for too long, since almost every woman on this show has to exist for the purpose of a man and they're still trying to force this Mac/Billy redux.

Archived