Y&R: Episodes discussion., Week of June 29,2009

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's the overkill that's killing the show. You can't "fix" two mistakes in the same family. Either unrelate Jill & Kay OR bring back P3 from the dead. Not both. It's turned the Chancellor family into a joke. What's next? Mac is really Nikki's daughter? Esther is Kay's daughter? It's all nonsense after a while. In hindsight unrelating Jill & Kay was a huge mistake. Just focus on one big rewrite -- P3 -- and that's more than enough set up for years of story. Also, the unrelating of Jill & Kay now mean that Cane & Billy stopped treating Kay like a grandmother, which is just silly. Mac & Billy, whether or not they cast a good actress as Mac or not, would have been much better if their love remained unrequited and if their being cousins stopped them from getting together.

Good writing is not about giving an audience what it wants, good writing is about making people want things.

• Members

Mark, I think we'll be pleased. Toups said he was pretty good, so I'll take his assessment over someone who didn't watch closely enough to realize kitty was a taxidermy any day. Subtlety in acting just flies over some people's heads.

• Members

It's not my fault if you cannot accept that many others think Bierdz is a crap actor.

But I don't expect you to call him out on his bad acting either, since clearly you have a bias for this storyline and this actor. So go on, continue on with your agenda and personal attacks on other posters who think otherwise.

Subtlety in acting? LMFAO! Hilarious. :lol:

Bierdz is as subtle as a heart attack, as someone wise once said.

• Members

Well.. we ALL love kitty, especially when she hide's Patty Jane's pills! And yes, subtlety. It's easy to see how fabu Tricia Cast is, because she's out there and in your face. For other actors, you have to pay close attention. I also think alot of the outpouring of love that Cast is getting is besides her good performances, her character is something this show has been sorely lacking for quite some time, a STRONG, INDEPENDENT woman, who isn't a victim, and doesn't let a man define her. And Phillip, on the other hand, doens't seem to be sorry at all for the horrendous thing he did, and the fans' hatred of that is spilling over into the review of the acting.

Archived