Y&R: Episodes discussion., Week of June 29,2009

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Agreed. I think it's exactly what you said weeks ago, Alvin. Y&R is on even ground with every other soap on the air right now. For years, they were the gold standard. Now, there is no gold standard. There are just seven left that will continue repeating the same mistakes until one by one, they all drop away.

• Members

The fatalism of this saddens me.

Especially Y&R with Minardi Slater and Esser still there. What are the barriers to this minimal quality control to deal with little issues like this??

• Members

But Slater, in particular, presumably functions as an editor. G*dd*mn it, if Victor shows up in a script impregnating someone, can't SOMEONE on the writing team say "But what about his TWO previous vasectomies??" I mean, isn't it the role of someone on that team (Millstein, whatever) to catch the mistakes?

LOL. Touche. BUT...I thought we were referring to the idea that Y&R has maintained better quality control than other soaps...and now that era is over. Why must that be? I'm seriously interested in what structural barriers cause things like forgetting Ashley is infertile. That's more than a HW vision.

If MAB says "I want Ashley pregnant", why can't the script address her previous infertility diagnosis and dismiss it?

• Members

Natalie doesn't edit, and if Maria wants it to happen, like she clearly did last year when she crafted that whole Sabrina/Victoer romance, she'll make it happen. She's the one responsible for the storyline projections, and staff writers might not feel like overstepping any bounds, and Maria has so many staff writers, who knows what the communication is like on that team overall.

• Members

I just finished watching the Chancellor scenes and here are my thoughts:

Everybody looked very beautiful.

Very bad dialogue.

CK didn't bother me at all at first. I even liked her and thought that I had been very mean to the actress. Then the truth about Cane was revealed and she was the CK we all know and love all over again.

Lily was very mean to Cane. If my husband was exposed as a fraud infront of our friends and families, I wouldn't act like that. If I was really in love with him, I wouldn't mind that much. A few months ago she acted equally hurt and betrayed when Billy lied to her. She should either realise that men are pigs in general or stick to her puppy. I would also suggest a cat.

It felt like watching DAYS trying to do a JER storyline after he was gone the first time.

DG was one of the best actors during those scenes.

TB didn't even try to act. Horrible soap entrance. How did he show up like that? Perhaps he has been living in an underground city underneath the Chancellor estate all these years. I hate this character for being such a ^%$^$%^£%$UHLC!£":@ and I hate MAB for destroying Bill Bell's legacy in order to hire her friend and give his character a twenty year old boy toy.

Archived