Y&R: Episodes discussion., Week of June 29,2009

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Billy has been a poorly developed character almost from the middle of the David Tom era. This big touted recast could have been a chance to finally in him down but instead he seems more confused than ever. I'm still surprised at how uneventful those scenes today with Mac were. Billy and Mac have been in love for TEN YEARS. This is the first time they made love. I don't even really know if anyone at Y&R is enthused, even though Jill and Katherine were unrelated for the story.

• Members

Exactly.

Yes, throughout the scenes and that final shot of her looking shocked... it was just :(

What a wonderful story.

Hearing it all summed up reveals its awfulness even more!

Yes. Just when it was starting to build the tension, it would drop it and then jerkily start again, only to drop it. And let's not forget that whole "why would you do this? WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS?" segway into P3's entrance. Which sucked as well.

Yes, I was very pleasantly surprised by him, it was the first time his acting had any resonance.

Yes. I believe others have said as well: She destroyed the show's history even MORE in order to correct something that destroyed the show's history. I mean.... Wow.

I recall Traci telling Colleen at the Abbott mansion.

Yes, please do! :lol:

• Members

Phyllis is a bitch and need to die. However, I have to admit I liked moments from those hospital scenes. Also, as is always the case :D , I didn't like what you did. I liked

• Chloe's scene with Billy and Mac; EH totally rocked, but weirdly... Mac wasn't bad. I particularly liked Mac's line about how Chloe and Billy like torturing each other for fun and Chloe's line about tripping and falling onto that bed. :D I loved Chloe's "You didn't have the guts" too. B)
  • I loved Jill's scenes with Kay. Jeanne's acting was superb, as it always is. A great actor can prove himself/herself in one line ("I don't feel well!"). The scene where Mac is checking on Kay was very good, too.
  • I liked Jill's little encounter with Victor.
  • I didn't have a problem with Khalil/Nina exchange.
  • Billy/Jack was good
  • Nina in every scene.

I hated:

• the Scoobies :rolleyes:
    • Sharon praying in the hospital, Nick talking to God too, Sharon seeing Nick and Phyllis (twice! She left then came back... :rolleyes: )
    • I thought the majority were horribly dressed, so I disagree with Elsa. I liked Jill's belt and that turquoise thing, Mac dressed like a Vestal and Heather in Wednesday's episode. Nina was dressed OK, too.
    • Too many hospital scenes... :rolleyes:

• Members

You mean when TS was playing flirty looking like she wanted to jump her uncle's bones on the show?

Love Miller...the boy is talented...but the writing is destroying him...just add him to the list now of characters destroyed by the writing.

• Members

^^^^I don't think anyone can dispute that Miller can act, however, for them to score someone who reminds people so much of Peter Bergman, who exudes chem w/ everyone (other than that CF whom they are insistent on pushing on us even though they are dull as doornails together)--the boy just shines. Unfortunately, they have turned his character into such a cad but I guess considering the overall state of the show, he's the least of our worries...

• Members

It really is preposterous. Even me saying "his face showed resolve" is preposterous. It was TEN seconds. We all need to chill :).

Ooh. Good point. But even Chance is going to be written in his early 20s (and I think Driscoll is older). My guess is that the exact years may now be undefined...it they'll be talking about "after all these years".

Am I right that they removed the birth-death years from his tombstone when we last saw it??

• Members

So holes and all or whatever--Friday was fun. It was fun to sit down and watch and get caught up in the drama of it all. I loved the last moment--it was a Friday cliffhanger to me, and even though I knew it was coming, it was totally cool to see it all happen.

Trica C is love. Seriously, having her back has made me excited about it, and not watching the first time around, it's been a nice way to get caught up.

Lily--ugh, seriously she was the bad moment for me.

I am frustrated that we finally kind of get Chloe breaking away from Billy and putting herself first, only to have Mac now totally lieing and changing for Billy. I so want him dropped kicked to the curb by both ladies.

• Members

C'mon dude let's be real. They're no longer teenagers. In today's society the whole first time notion is pretty much dead. People just want to f-ck. It would be silly to have Mac/Billy have some romantic love making scene (which I'm sure TPTB Will soon realize and do), especially after Mac has been with JT. They aren't virgins, so let's strap a condom on and go.

Quite frankly, it's stupid, and makes the argument even less serious.

• Members

If it's anything, I thought Bierdz was horrible in Monday's episode, thankfully Cast and Walton were there to save that sh!t.

Without giving anything away, I hate how Bierdz is playing EVERYTHING the same way with the same expression. He's also acting in a condescending tone, like Jill, Nina, and Katherine are a bunch of idiots that don't deserve the be in his presence, yet we're supposed to believe that according to Phillip III he loved his family, so that's why he sent Cane for them? Not feeling Bierdz AT ALL, I think he thinks he's doing some type of comedy. Even when he claims he's did all of this to save them any trouble, it feels like he's rolling his eyes the entire time.

It's one thing to be green and uncomfortable 20 years ago, it's another thing to be even worse 20 years after. I know he hasn't been acting much, but he couldn't spare at least one acting class when he knew this was a big storyline and that he would have to bring it with Cast, Cooper, and Walton?

But, since he admitted that he wasn't interested in acting when he returned recently and it appears he's more dedicated now, we'll have to see if there's a noticeable change in his acting down the line.

I, of course, had major problems with the scenes in Monday's US episode, I will of course post in detail about them on Monday. I know you're all dying to hear it! :)

Archived