Y&R: Episodes discussion., Week of June 29,2009

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That clip above just makes my loins ache for Dru to come back. Yes. Ache. i just want them to get VR, PB, MS and KSJ all in one room and sing kumbaya and a nice slow Golden Girls group hug so Dru can climb back up that cliff and roar back.

Et tu Mark!? Clem still gets slack and Thommy gets none??

• Members

Ditto. However, I bought the story. I really did. Nothing was brushed over really. I just feel like the emotional connection is missing though. I'm not sure if it's the acting or the writing, or if the writers are building up to it. It shouldn't be a sugary reunion, but I hope eventually we get more emotion. Where is Casiello? Thom Bierdz sounds older than he is It's very grating. But with that cranky bastard Paul Raunch, I'm sure he can whip something good out of him eventually. So I'll give him a month. I loved the scene where Katherine, Jill, and Nina let him have it. That was good.

BTW, I'm a Goddard fan again. For as much flack as that man gets, at least he tries to emote in his scenes, and he plays pathos very well. Plus, I'm loving the look. Lily is an IDIOT to leave him over this.

P.S. I like Clementine Ford now. In more ways, it's the wardrobe that brings her down. Other than that, she's pretty much on par with Ash Bash, which isn't saying much at all. But, she's definitely improved, and slowed down her line delivery.

• Members

The thing about Bierdz, he seems like a worse sleepwalker than Amelia Heinle. It's not like he's even trying, but then again, he did say he didn't come back to act. So really, when he's not trying, and he's up against Tricia Cast, Jess Walton, and Jeanne Cooper, who are all trying to save this inane and ridiculous plot, it makes everything more ridiculous and everything just falls flat. Unlike the other three, Bierdz is the center piece of this storyline, and he's NOT delivering.

Clementine doesn't have much to her resume and this is her first soap gig. Bierdz has already acted on a soap, and he's already been up against these three fabulous women. So, the fact that he doesn't seem to care about his acting, makes it all seem worse. I can't say he did anything right in Monday's episode, he was just really bad, IMO.

He knew what was expected of him, he couldn't have tried harder and attended an acting class so he could at least try to keep up with his superior co-stars?

• Members

IA Roxy - and for your awesomeness I give you a sip of my mojito! let's give Bierdz a little timne to get used to the waters before we eat him up. As for Cane, let's get him away from Lily as quick as possible so he can go to the loving arms of Mary Jane...perhaps once her identity is revealed as Patty they can be Catty!! LOL!

• Members

Alvin, I think he does care. I really do. It's really intimidating working opposite those three powerhouses. BTW, Billy PISSED me off on Monday, I was actually cheering on Cane. I also like that Cane and Chloe were forming somewhat of a bond. Now that Cane is revealed, and his romance with Lily is over (I HOPE), I wouldn't mind Goddard acting opposite other actors. Phyllis/Cane!

Archived