Y&R: Episodes discussion., Week of June 29,2009

• Members

I was quite curious about how condescending and flippant he seemed on Friday's five second shot. I read that as him being over his family's petty squabbles and utterly self-righteous but I don't think that's a bad thing. I suppose it ruins the character to see him be a total a--, but we don't know how he'll act when his son arrives. Seeing him as an adult may bring on the remorse. Understanding the full ramifications of his actions may alter his behavior as well. Whatever happens, we'll have to see.

I just don't think his delivery on Friday should easily be thrown away as bad acting. And I'm not a fan of the guy LOL.

Also he has acted over the last twenty years. Nothing big but he was on "Law & Order."

:lol:

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I sent you a PM, judge for yourself his performance in Monday's episode.

I don't mind if Phillip III's an assh*ole or whatever (though they already ruined that character with this re-write), it's Thom's acting technique that sucks, especially when the three other actors invovled are so good. He plays everything the same way, his face is is the same express throughout the entire episode, and he delivers everything in a Ronn Moss-style delivery. It's coming off as if he thinks he's doing some soap opera spoof for a sketch comedy show. but, judge for yourself, that's just me, and I can't speak for other people.

• Members

I agree, we'll just have to see. I know from watching him EVERY DAY back in the day... not just on youtube clips and guest appearances here and there... that he IS good. I still stand by my asessment that love of a character can make one overlook things, and hatred of a character's actions can make fans pick the actor apart. Haiduk is another perfect example. In the wedding dress scene, it was obvious that they were trying to re-create Stern under that veil, and considering it was Stern playing Patty when she married Jack, that made sense. But everyone loved Haiduk and her performances so much that nobody seems to care about the GLARING inconsistency that although Victor gave her plastic surgery to look different, Haiduk has a voice that's about half an octave lower, and is about 6 inches taller than Lilibet Stern.

• Members

Mac hasn't been written as a character who just wants to get laid, at least not most versions of the character. This story is supposed to be about love lost and found, soulmates, fate tried to tear them apart then brought them back together, love makes Billy a wonderful person, all the rest. For that to work then I think their first time has to be more than just rutting.

• Members

Billy Miller is a good actor, although I think he has a way to go in the emotional moments, and I don't think he has a deep enough connection with most of his co-stars (this was one reason the rivalry with Cane fell flat). It seemed like everyone loved him so much at AMC or heard such good things about him there that there was an automatic assumption he was going to be a huge success on Y&R. Instead Billy is sinking into the same mire he seems to sink into no matter who plays him.

• Members

Uh, it's pretty much been done LOL.

FF to the 1:35 mark.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Archived