Y&R: Episodes discussion., Week of June 29,2009

• Members

I think he was wearing Augers warrant like a badge of honor.

The phone wasn't cooked into the cake. It was a layer cake so all he'd have to do was hollow out a bit of the bottom layer, put the phone in it, ice it over (still in the evidence bag) and then put the other piece on top and ice that. Now if they wanted some true comic relief, they should have had Kevin Mix up and give the phone cake to Lily to take to the BBQ. Then they too could have been at the big reveal, which would be fitting since Amber was the one who put the Cane/Violet/Jill pieces together in the first place.

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Wow, I can't believe people are all over TB when he was just one line. LOL

I thought he was pretty good in Monday's US episode, which was great. Tricia Cast was once again phenomenal.

• Members

We're a bunch of picky bitches Toups, you should know that by now. I gave CF weeks to improve (and in my opinion she did). I'll also give TB lots of time to show me what he's got before I make up my mind. I did think it was a weak start due to the expressions he was making.

• Members

Please don't poor TB in the same category as snooze-machine CF. At the very least, TB has charisma and the ability to create chemistry with his co-stars. CF has no business being in front of a camera EVER. The only reason CF has any career whatsoever is because of her mother. Otherwise, no one in their right mind would have given that woman a second audition, let alone a job. It's an insult to TB to put him in the same category as CF.

• Members

That was an FBI search warrant or something. He was making fun.

Not only is the phone not going to work, but as soon as Daniel turns it on, it will register at the phone company and GPS will tell Aucker who has it. STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPID.

• Members

Let's not get crazy here. I just think daytime is the wrong medium for CF. While I have seen her improve leaps and bounds from March, I do think she belongs in primetime/film. She was wonderful on The L Word. When I heard the actress who played Molly was going to be Mac, I was ECSTATIC. But it was obvious from the beginning that CF wasn't used to daytime's heavy workload. Still though, I believed she really WANTED it to succeed, which is why I've given her a chance. And I do feel she has improved. She's not perfect, but I keep seeing glimmers of who she was on The L Word, and it excites me.

Okay... off to my weekend sabbatical from soap message boards. Just had to jump in and say that. Happy weeekend, all!!! XOXO

• Members

Thanks, Toups....once again, the voice of reason. It must be murder for people to act opposite Cast, that girl sets the bar out of sight! I watched today's final scene again, and I think MY problem was that he didn't act like I WANTED him to act. The look on his face seemed to be of conifdent resolve, almost cocky. After thinking about it, instead of coming in emotional, hat in hand, ready to GROVEL... which is what we WANTED, he came in with this confident "I'm finally gettting the courage to face my family" thing. I'm glad to hear Monday's good. It's amazing that people are ready to throw him under the bus after he utters 6 words.

• Members

Or the audience, which is why some of us wished this BLATANT re-write that makes absolutely no sense and requires too much suspension of disbelief never happened. We wanted Cane de-Chancellored, but this could have been done without bringing Phillip III back from the dead and pissing on one of Y&R's most iconic moments.

Now, Phillip III intentionally abandoned his infant son, and sent an impostor to prey on and lie to this family that loved him. It's pretty heartless, selfish, and crass. This is a lot of damage to one character in such a short time.

He was a troubled soul, but he wasn't an heartless assh*le.

• Members

Ya, and people commit suicide and leave their loved ones behind. Neither or is pretty.

Thom Bierdz was fine. I watched awhile ago, and after he said his lines, there was a look of disbelief on his face, like "òh sh-t this is really happening now."

Khalil was good too.

Tricia Cast just doesn't let up. That woman is spitfire!

Archived