Y&R: Episodes discussion., Week of June 29,2009

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I totally agree.

I was going to post that same sentiment but was afraid people would throw virtual rotten tomatoes at me.

Why the f*** is Katherine sick? Right when Cane switched the tubes. WTF? Is she truly in the scheme that "killed" P3 and brought Aussiebum to Genoa City?

• Members

Hey, I might agree things aren't perfect, but there are a few positive things going on. Nothing wrong with pointing them out.

I hate that they made Katherine sick again, so soon after the Lyme Disease. I just don't think it's necessary.

But I thought the Quad stuff was a little better. I still hate Sharon, but at least she didn't seem so diabolical today. Yesterday, she seemed fine lying to Jack, and that's what bothered me. SC played it more tortured today, and although that doesn't excuse what she did in my book, it did make it more watchable.

• Members

Camryn Grimes can make a special appearance where she cuts Nick's hair. She will tell him that all of that grease is of the devil, and if he never, ever has this ugly style again, then his miracle baby will soon arrive. And if he ever goes back to that hairstyle, then Matt Clark will return from the dead and make him join a boy band.

• Members

Good show today, IMO. I believe this is one of TC's episodes, if I remember the credits correctly?

Mary Jane is continuing down the road to Freaksville! I wonder how she's going to explain her stuffed !@#$%^&*] to Victor tomorrow. Should be something to see.

The Nick stuff in the Chapel turned out to be a great way to end the show. JM deserves props cuz he hasn't made me believe Nick's POV in a long long while. And the Nick/Sharon stuff at the end was very good. Sharon does come off a bit more sympathetic today than she did on yesterday's show.

Gloria and Jeff are ALOT more tolerable once a week or less. Jeffrey is so pathetic, he's funny.

Interesting to see the look on Jill's face when Lily was telling her about "Uncle Langley". Me thinks there's a bit of doubt creeping in there....

OTOH, the previews for tomorrow's show looked a bit...disjointed? Hmmm

• Members

The writing for Jill is appalling, she's not stupid. No way would Jill have all her eggs in one basket in the Cayman Islands. She would have it in Jewels and firs, with some in safes and probably a little bit shoved in the mattress. She’d be more like that woman whose daughter bought her a new bed (doing her a favor) and threw out the old one with over a million in cash shoved in. Jill worked too hard for her wealth to allow it all to be taken out in an instant. I also don’t believe for a second that she would ever go back to work at the nail salon as a manicurist. They might think it’s a cute nod to history, but if Jill ever stepped foot in one, other than to have her nails done, it would be to manage it, not work for minimum wage. This show acts like Gloria is above working for minimum wage at the coffee house to help her son out, but Jill isn’t? Get real writers. If they don’t want to bring back the actor playing the governor, bring on a new distinguished older gentleman for Jill to sink her perfectly manicured claws into. That’s real Jill.

I’m starting to think that maybe they should kill off Summer, just to get Phyllis away from that selfish disgusting, Shick.

Are any of these characters redeemable or salvageable at this point? I don’t really care what happened to Mary Jane, she’s a complete sociopath. Someone who will murder innocent animals and children to get some man to want them is beyond pathetic. Hopefully Phyllis will get to poison her and we’ll watch her suffer.

• Members

Nick has been the one character that has suffered the most from this quad.

He should decide which one of them make his dong feel better and go with that one. Then put him in a story that has nothing to do with "romance" for a little while.

Jack has come across as somewhat of a wet noodle around Sharon and Phyllis, but at least ... he ... hasn't . Hmm. Nevermind! :lol: I guess he's been pullin a Nick lately with these two..

Sharon and Phyllis, IMO, can be redeemed no problem. But the one left out should be put into someone else's orbit for a little while. I wouldn't mind a Phyllis/Neil pairing.

Katherine being sick again doesn't bother me. But I understand how some could feel it being "unimaginative" writing. Hey, they could make her a time traveller ala Reva. Then we would welcome another "Katherine is sick" story. And let's face it, elderly people get sick often. It's not unheard of!

Archived