Y&R: Episodes discussion., Week of June 29,2009

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I guess I just have a hard time believing that with such little buildup, or interaction, Rafe would immediately want to have sex with Adam, who has so much baggage and could be framing his aunt for stalking. There are plenty of men out there, if all Rafe needs is sex. If it's more than sex, then I wish they had made more of an effort to show why Rafe is so in need of Adam. I have no desire to see this as a romance, but whatever it is, I wish we'd seen more explanation. The show tends to make everything ambiguous to the point where viewers are left in the dark, which means suddenly we get moments like Adam talking about how he never meant to hurt Ashley, the woman he has terrorized for months.

• Members

Adam was TOUCHING him. Adam turned him on. It doesn't matter if Rafe never gave a fig about Adam before -EDIT Though I say he did cause even Nikki questioned him about why he never thought about Adam as guilty before, as he knows what Adam is capable of?? Think about that little clue. In that moment Adam turned on that Newman charm just like Nick and Victor, and hell Victoria, Noah and soon to be Abby Newman can. They're sexy powerful, and yeah Rafe can instantly go from having no feelings for Adam to be incredibly HOT for Adam in the blink of an eye. Happens all the time. For gay and straight people.

• Members

My posts have always pointed out flaws on this show, it's not my fault if everyone only sees the "fire MAB and company" stuff. At this point, I have no faith in any of the writers "Writing" this show, so I could care less if they take my critiques to heart. They haven't taken most of the constructive stuff I've been saying for a year seriously, so why start now? I don't want them too either, because I don't believe any of them should be writing for this show anyway.

I'm willing to give someone else a chance at this show. LML failed, and so far, MAB is failing me. It could either get better or worse, but at thus point, I could give anyone else a chance. Someone with a stronger vision, and someone that writes the show they want to write, not someone who seeks out certain posters on message boards to get story ideas.

• Members

Dude, if I was single, and Adam Wilson touched my bottom lip with his thumb like that and said "I know I've been straight, but I think I have feelings for you and want to try this whole gay sex thing with you, as my first time"?! He wouldn't need to tell me twice. Hell, I might not even let him finish the sentence. LOL!

• Members

I've been doing that, as I've said. I'm not the only one who takes this thread off topic.

Fact remains, there's several key areas on this show that are problematic, and have been so at the start of this writing regime's run. Am I supposed to stay quiet about it and hope that one day they decide to address some of these areas competently?

Again, when the same discussion occurs in this thread over and over again, expect the same responses.

• Members

Yes, but though Alden and Smith had their problems, they kept the show very much in the Bell vein for a long time. This show was already #1, why mess with a formula that clearly worked? I don't get it.

Y&R used to have sucha distinct identity when compared to other soaps, and that was partly why I watched it so consistently. I don't feel the same way anymore, and I don't like it.

I do like Jill, but not in the traditional way. I think if she has a strong writer, she does superb work at her soaps. I saw it at both SB and GL.

Jill has numerous accolades to her credit, what does MAB have to show?

• Members

No you're supposed to "Talk about it" and move on as someone who loves the show for it's life not its moments. There's supposed to be some sort of intrinsic gratitude to a show that has been entertaining you for so many years. There's got to a part of you that wants to build it up instead of tearing it down, day after day after night after night, and so on and so on and so on....See what i mean? '

I hate sports and I hate sports analogies even more but I can only think of this one - why do you go to every lakers game just to sit right behind them and boo all through the game?

• Members

We all react differently, and this is how I'm reacting, I have no gratitude to a show who in its current state is driven purely by shock and gimmicks, as I perceive this one to be. I've been watching this show for years, and I've loved it more than I hated it, but I just cannot bear to see what it's become. It's just all very sad to me.

• Members

Maybe you should start a Y&R: How to improve it thread separate from the daily episode thread. Fill it with lots of constructive ideas on how to improve the show. I'm sure many would participate. I know you aren't happy with the current state of the show, I read that in all of your posts. I'm not too thrilled with it either, but it's no use reiterating it all the time.

JFP would murder Y&R. This show needs an EP like Wendy Riche. Like I said, we should have a separate thread on how to improve Y&R.

• Members

The thing is, I'm not the only one taking this thread off topic, yet it appears I'm the only being accused of it. When it goes off topic, I do participate, but I know I'm not alone.

The potpourri thread is working just fine when it comes to criticism and suggestions, but somehow, it's seen by many here as simply a "hate" thread. Do most people read the episode discussion, suggestions, and overall talk that goes on in that thread? I can assure you it's not all hate.

Archived