Y&R: Episodes discussion., Week of June 29,2009

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

MAB is a Bell. This is a Bell show. It's either her or Bradley running the ship, so we're better off with Maria. Case closed. Where I want to see change is under Maria. I would like to see Tom Casiello given a promotion. His episodes are just better than other people's episodes. The guy knows what he's doing.

• Members

Yes, there is the Y&R: Potpourri thread, but that isn't exclusive of just one idea. A thread specifically on how to improve the current state is a good way to start especially when many of the Y&R threads all go off topic. Like I said, I know you aren't the only one not happy with the show, but I do see that in many of your posts, maybe that's why you feel like you're being accused of it.

When I go to this thread and I see many posts off topic or like 10 pages on a Monday, I sometimes don't even want to bother myself reading the posts because from past encounters the thread is way off topic.

• Members

I guess I don't see Rafe as being interested in the seduction of power, from the little we know of him. I also don't see the current Newmans as being all that sexually alluring or all that powerful (Victor is powerful, but the rest of them are pathetic), especially Adam, who is a very weak man who has completely ruined his life and would be sitting in jail if not for Victor. He thinks there's a good chance that Adam framed his aunt for gaslighting. MM has some charisma but I don't see any strong sexual tension between Adam and Rafe and I didn't see any built up before this scene. The way the scene was played, there wasn't any reason given as to why Rafe wanted Adam, and I thought Adam seemed desperate, not charming. Adam came onto him, and that was enough for him.

I like the story you're telling, I just don't think the show has tried to tell it. I guess I'm not being open-minded enough.

• Members

You really hit on something, there. There IS alot of development in the pillow talk, and today's eppy only had "Straightening my tie on the couch" talk. But Maria has said in her interview with Branco that she is committed to telling a full blown gay story... so I know Alvin said we didn't have any indication that Rafe's role would be any more than a day player.. but to me, that interview tells me that Gellman's role is going to be expanded.

• Members

But Maria also said that the summer would bring about characters who didn't get much storyline earlier in the year being front-burner and getting more story attention. I haven't seen much difference in the cast being used right now and the cast that was heavily used in the beginning of the year. Which is why I think after this Adam story, Rafe will either go back to strictly being the recurring lawyer, or they'll probably write him off.

• Members

I really hate how Sharon told Jack the baby was his. I really wish she would tell the truth to Nick. I mean the girl is always playing damsel in distress then wonders why people want to tear her apart. But Billy's face and body language was priceless today when Sharon walked into the bar and said "I know I'd find the father in here." :lol:

• Members

Yes but that's probably true for a lot of men in Genoa City, with far less baggage, and who aren't suspected of framing Rafe's aunt for crimes. Is Adam supposed to be so irresistible? Or is Rafe just the gay version of Billy and all he needs is any reason and he will lower his zipper?

I would rather believe he is just using Adam to get information, because if this is all about attraction which is impossible to resist, then not showing anything of their sexual encounter defeats the purpose.

• Members

Did I get stuck in a Bill Murray 80's flick?

I could've sworn that when I woke up this morning, it was June 30, 2009, not June 17th or June 18, 2009?

thinking-009.GIF

Apparently these new threads don't change a thing.

The only way these threads will shorten is if the majority of us get sick of the s/l and stop posting or if the majority of us just stop posting.

• Members

Yes, she did say that, but I took it to mean that the Winters were gonna have front burner later this summer.... and instead of Rafe being used less, I certainly HOPE that the Scoobies are the ones who get bumped down the ladder. Your scenario is certainly possible, but what she said in her interview is what made me feel the way I do. But anyway... back to eppy discussion, I'm wondering if TGVN is FINALLY gonna have a light bulb go off in his head after his encounter with "kitty" yesterday? Maybe he'll finally realize that Patty Jane is totally unhinged. I do, however, LOVE the concept of Victor's mahcinations coming back to bite him in the ass... Patty Jane, and Jeffrey Bardwell's blackmail. From the previews, this thing with Jeffrey sounds GOOD. But then again, I just LOVE a good blackmail SL.

• Members

It would be funny if it weren't so true.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing how

will play out today and the rest of the week, as well as

. I'm wary because both could either be a lot of "fun" to watch and create good drama, or they could both end up falling really flat. Keeping my fingers crossed....

Archived