Y&R: Episodes discussion., Week of June 29,2009

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They clearly want Sharon to be appear noble, to have done the "far, far better thing". So at least let her feel totally trapped - like she just told Nick he WASN'T the father for Summer's sake. But then was forced into the Jack-half of the lie. And wasn't so "Gee whiz, Jack - you're such a good brother. And now you'll be a good dad. Because it's you! YAY!!" It really just made me want to bitchslap her and I'm sure it wasn't the intention.

• Members

Overall good epi today. Hate most of the plots still but I liked the overall epi. The only thing that does not sit well with me to where it overshadowed the scenes a bit for me is the Adam/Rafe angle. I simply don't get the rationale. I'd much rather delve into what drives a man to go this far. Sexuality is complicated so who am I to say Adam is or isn't? But I don't anticipate any comfort in the handling of Adam's choice manipulation as far Rafe with TPTB at the reigns.

Loved MS and SC today they were great. EH just did it again for me today. The scene where Phyllis left and Nick "sensed" Sharon was kind of cool not really with the whole hot mess of a plot though. Victor calling MJ and then going to her room when Ashley removed herself was interesting, I wonder if we are supposed to believe that he immediately became suspicious of her? The breakdown was good overall today and the dialogue was better.

MM is great BTW but I still have to get used to him as Adam

• Members

I don't understand the need for Sharon to make any "sacrifice" anyway. If this kid is one last special gift from Cassie to her and Nick, why is she lying to Nick and everyone else about it? How does basically forcing Nick to go back to Phyllis helping Summer or anyone else? Summer's in a f.ucking coma for God's sake, I'm sure she doesn't know what the hell is happening to her parents. Lots of divorced/separated parents come together when their children are in trouble, it doesn't mean they have to get back together and fix their already broken marriage because of it.

So, just because Summer is in a coma, Nick doesn't need to know he has a baby coming? Um, OK...

• Members

Cara mia... I have to agree... Cashton's post was right on the money. I understand your need for a little romance, I just don't think wer'e gonna get it with this SL... in a couple months, when Rafe is with someone else, I think THEN we'll get the romance. Of course, I don't want this skipping through the meadow NUKE crap, either.. this is supposed to be a SOAP, not a freaking TAMPON COMMERCIAL. Cashton was wrong about one thing...Rafe being lonely in Wisconsin. I live on a farm in central Missouri, 10 miles from the nearest gas station... and there is more action than one thinks out here in the boonies. When I worked part time at a grocery store in the nearest town a year or two ago, I practically had to beat the frito-lay delivery man off with a baseball bat.

• Members

As CarlD2 pointed out, Yani is not on contract and they haven't developed that character yet, he's still very much only a plot point. After this mess with Adam, who really believes they have plans for him? He's been nothing but a glorified dayplayer. If they can't use a vet, like Tracey E. Bregman, who is recurring too, what makes anyone think they have longterm plans for Rafe after this storyline with Adam?

• Members

Hey, you already know how I feel about it.,.. no argument here.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!

I won't post the whole rant again, because I don't want to sound like a broken record. We just needed more earlier Rafe scenes. Maybe he's just like that Frito-Lay guy. Maybe he's that "romance" guy. We never knew. End of story.

• Members

I hope it's really true that MTS re-singed with the show, Nikki's absence in this horrible quad storyline is unforgivable. Nikki should have already been annoyingly in Sharon and Phyllis's business.

I miss the Sharon/Nikki dynamic, those two were really good together.

After reading the rumoured way they planned to write Nikki out, and that it's probably still happening even though MTS might have re-signed, I'm repulsed. :rolleyes:

• Members

I just feel that Y&R is lousy at romance these days -- straight or gay. I suppose that awful terrible very bad no good Billy/Mac snorathan is supposed to be the romance part of the show. I just don't give a damn about either of them at this point. They could leave the show tomorrow and I would dance a jig. If Rafe's feelings for Adam didn't need to be established, I still would have liked some character development for Rafe. What's his backstory? Was he in a long-term relationship? Did he spend his whole life in Genoa City? And so on.

I missed the part when Sharon took a shower!

• Members

So if everything is leading to a baby switch, that means they've basically got two major storylines playing at the moment: one setting up a baby switch and the other undoing a previous baby switch.

Now that's creative thinking at its finest.

Archived