Y&R: Episodes discussion., Week of June 29,2009

• Members

That is asking the audience to read an awful lot into those scenes and most fans just watch it one time and I think they will have the impression I did especially because he immediately called Heather as soon as Rafe left and nearly attacked her as soon as she came into his room. I don't see many viewing Adam as regretting his manipulation of Rafe because Estella and Ashley have been good to Adam and he has had little problem manipulating them. I think this was just to show how far Adam will go to cover his actions. He is just a user, coward and whiner. I still can't believe this person was raised by Hope. Adam is unredeamable at this point.

I guess one could also say that Adam liked what he did with Rafe and was shocked or in denial about his feelings, but I think it will be viewed by many as Adam wanting to reassert his heterosexuality with Heather. And what does it say for Rafe that he is accusing Adam of setting up his beloved aunt and yet all that goes out the window when Adam comes on to Rafe? Sure sometimes you just jump at an opportunity, especially if you are attracted to someone and are lonely, but to throw his aunt under the bus? No. The only rationale would be if Rafe was setting up Adam, but there was no hint of that on screen, just something the audience is creating to rationalize this story. And if he really thinks that Adam is this evil person, then why would he have no problem having sex with him?

To me, this was poorly set up. If they had shown Rafe pining a bit more for Adam or developing their friendship then I might be able to buy it. And sure women have been manipulated and used like Rafe on soaps for decades, but this is a first for Y&R and I don't care for the message they are sending. If I thought it was more than for shock value maybe I could see things more your way, but when I combine these latest scenes with some of the writing lately I just don't have much confidence in this team.

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wasn't aware that even an issue, that's how out of the loop I am! But you don't go around flirting with str8 guys just cause you're gay. Especially if they're paying you to be their attorney. i will say that it was rather foolish of Rafe to just go up to Adam's room and demand to to ransack the place. Don't know what legal grounds a defense attorney can do that on, but that was all that didn't make sense of their scenes.

• Members

That was...disappointing. :lol: They couldn't even let us have one little kiss? Tell me it wouldn't have been hot. If I weren't on SON, I'm not even sure I would have known what happened. I'm usually doing some sort of housework while this show is on (yes, yes I'm a character out of Mad Men I know), so it's very likely I would have missed it when they couldn't even give us a little skin. Maybe that's what they were hoping for? :mellow:

Sharon and the never ending soap prayer. :rolleyes: SHUT UP SHARON! If god does exist, he doesn't give a damn about your sexcapades and he isn't going to punish Summer due to who you've banged. Get over yourself.

• Members

We havne't yet seen him throw his aunt under the bus, so I have to say, that's every BIT as much a rationalization on your part to poo-poo the SL , as much as the idea of Rafe using Adam is a rationalization on MY part. There has been no hint of Rafe using Adam onscreen, but why would the writers hint at EVERYTHING. It ruins the elemnt of surprise. You've got to have stories that are ambiguous, and leave peopole to wonder... it keeps the audience tuning in. I do agree Rafe needed more development, that episode I mentioned before (the only one where Yani wore jeans) where we had alot of Rafe/Adam interaction... we needed about 4 or 5 more of those.

• Members

I really liked the sense of deja vu when we saw Adam and Heather buttoning up their clothing. That was a nice touch.

I didn't like the fact that Rafe didn't have a hair out of place--that must have been really boring sex. Or really strong hairspray.

• Members

This whole chain of events happened in the span of maybe 30 mins to an hour. Rafe was stunned from the look on his face at the end of Friday's ep. Just like Heather can't see Adam for what he is, so Rafe is too. Rafe doesn't really have any proof Adam did anything wrong anyway. That's why Rafe was going to his room to find the proof. Now that he's fallen for Adam, he's blinded too. i don't see it as a betrayal of his Aunt, more of a succesful duping of Rafe by Adam. Adam has duped just about everyone but Nikki.

Yeah - the no messy hair was bad.

• Members

Yep... Gellman could benefit greatly from lossening up of that hairstyle, a part int eh middle, and a little stubble to make him look a few years older. He DOES look a bit older when he's in scenes with Kevin Schmidt.. but not with anyone else. Of course, if your'e a bottom who like to "ride the horsey", then your hair stays pretty nice.

• Members

I'd like them to genuinely tackle a bisexual SL: Adam, who's pretended for years that he's straight, is suddenly conflicted by his feelings for another man.

Michael Muhney is doing a great job so far, he looks good too, nice muscular body!

• Members

If they are playing this as Rafe being duped by Adam, then I don't know why this has to be so vague. The way it can be read now, it's almost like Rafe is just so in need of affection that with barely a second thought he gives it up to this weird man he barely knows and what he does know he has little reason to trust. They could have built up more of a relationship between them, this would have made the current story beat much more understandable.

I'd like to see a bisexual story for another character, JT or Daniel. Adam has become such a monster, I don't care about his love life.

• Members

That's the thing - this story isn't about love to me. More about lust and opportunity. Rafe realized that after the tryst, but he does have a crush on Adam, and seemingly has hope that Adam may be in the closet. I'm sure many wish there was romance or something deeper, but this story isn't. Rafe was seduced and blindsided - (not-so)pure and simple.

• Members

Haha! since their relationship is all about sex and seduction would've been nice to see a condom wrapper (preferably a magnum) lying on the floor. But I think the producers wanted to touch on this as slightly and as vaguely as possible.

Archived