Y&R: Episodes discussion., Week of June 29,2009

• Members

Stupid tiwst but I get where she's coming from. The past couple of weeks they kept stressing how Nick felt like an azz for not being there for Sharon when Cassie died. Years later he's regretted that decision and the pain he caused for breaking up his family. Sharon sees Nick once again in that position but with Phyllis and Summer in place of her and Cassie. I think her mind she feels that Nick wouldnt fully devote his focus and attention to them and she doesnt want to put him in that place to choose. Again, it is stupid when trying to apply logic to it, but for the soapiness of it, I get it.

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, that's how I felt watching it today too. It was dumb when I read about it weeks ago, and it's dumb now, but watching the episode today, I got the "soapiness" of it.

Still, something about it reeks of Nora on OLTL sleeping with Sam so Matthew could have a kid. I have no idea why because it's two totally different shows, different stories. But it left me feeling the same way that storyline did years ago. It played better than I thought it would - but not by much.

They definitely could have gotten it to that point had they not rushed it to happen in one episode. Give Nick and Sharon some scenes and have NICK talk about how much he can't repeat history. That'll get Sharon to lie that it's not Nick's. Have Billy find out Nick's not the father and confront Sharon. Is it him? He knows it's not Nick, is it him? And then Jack walks in and (dum-dum-dummm) Sharon has to say something. But that deliberate crap at the bar was no fun to watch at all. Like she sought them both out to lie to their faces. Didn't make me feel like a sacrifice was made. Made me feel like a lie was told.

• Members

But if that's the case, why aren't they taking the good ideas. It's like they have interns scouring the board for provocative ideas instead of actually reading the views. Otherwise, why isn't there any romance to any of this, as you've mentioned before. If there was some romance going on, some of these stupid stories would be working.

I am just running with others ideas for the baby switch, an area I don't think this show should go to after Bill Bell did it sooooo gooood with Sheila/Lauren.

• Members

Ye she never got help, but she's not klpto or having blackouts either so there's no true displays of her being text-book crazy. Know what I mean? ?If they had her freaking out again like she was during klepto-phase, that would have completely sold it for me. I'd say - she's crazy still, but they've played her as normal Sharon for a while now with no worries from Dorris or otherwise.

• Members

Actually SC played that scene perfectly....it was a look of "oh S***, I thought Nick was all about me. He was supposed to be 100% about me...what does this mean now. I am the "love of his life". WTF!! I am carrying the "PROPHECY"!! :lol::lol: The writers are not very clever - they just like to hold back but I loved SC for clueing me in with her I am going to be sick look. She may have felt some empathy for Nick and Phyllis in that moment because of the Cassie experience but I gather the reason for her "sacrifice" :rolleyes: will be more than what we are led to believe. And in a church at that, what a delicious parody. The way they are writing her currently you can tell she is not dealing with a full deck still.

And MJ ROCKS, I am angry that she hurt Summer to get back at her mother, very very angry but I think that is to further the Phick s/l anyway. But damn the character is interesting - they better find some way to make me start rooting for her again. Because I draw the line at attacking the kid like a coward!!

And Victor finding Ms. Kitty, PRICELESS!!! :lol: All in all it was a pretty good show today. I tell you, thank heavens for the cast!!

• Members

She did look positively nuts in the scene with Noah and Nick the other day, that's probably all the build up they felt they needed. I don't understand how this show could go from doing great build up in the Kay storyline, even setting up a reason for Amber's sparkly phone, only do ditch that style now and have everything come out of the blue.

Sharon claiming Jack as the father, might have made more sense if she got the results back and Billy was the lucky daddy.

• Administrator

I think that's just a coincidence. The story projections are written months in advance.

Ohh..I definitely would've preferred your scenario because it's soapy. If Sharon was going to lie (still hate the twist), stretch it out for a couple episodes. Have your Billy/Sharon scene...then your Billy/Sharon/Jack scene. I'm a big fan of stretching things out (it's the JER fan in me. :D)

• Members

But that's the thing, I think that's the direction they want to take this show in. They probably think the more sensationalistic and outrageous the storylines that are discussed theoretically on the boards, the better it is for them in terms of buzz and whatnot when they incorporate it into the show, which is ludicrous, IMO. They also seem to be getting their ideas from a very select group of posters/boards.

I agree, but seeing the tone this show has taken on, it seems very likely to happen, and I'm not pleased about it.

Archived