Y&R: Week of June 15-19, 2009

• Members

Okay... but she could have been working for him as a servant, and was promoted (hired in a different spot).... but never mind, it's not that important. It's not like that Victor's vasectomy thing we had last year.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There was never any mention last summer that she was promoted. In fact, I believe they mentioned that she was new and was going to be handling the domestic duties at the Ranch.

It doesn't matter, but they're trying to sell us on her years of service and her close relationship with Nikki, which isn't true. They're retconning all of this stuff to try to make this gaslighting work. It's purely for plot purposes.

• Members

Because they're dumbing down all the characters in this storyline. They want Ashley and Victor to think Estella is a prime suspect in this gasligthing so that it isn't obvious that Adam is the one behind it. It's to prolong plot and have Nikki back in Victor's orbit, if only for just this episode. Everyone has lost their intelligence in this storyline.

This gashlighting storyline isn't working anymore. As in all the cases with this writing regime, storylines that start off promising end up horribly plotted and go on too long to the point where they make very little sense anymore.

• Members

I know, Victor treats him like an ant that hasn't yet crawled on his shoe. But wasn't Paul a DREAM today. What a character... Sweet, sensitive, caring, strong, selfless, good looking, and hung like a horse. What more could one ask for? When he had his arm around Nina and caringly told her... "I can do this for you". I wanted to cry.

• Members

Absolutely!!

All this Sturm und Drang about Estella!

Remember Veronica Landers? (Bill Bell's creation). Nikki hired her as the REPLACEMENT MAID.

WTF? What replacement maid? We've only ever seen Miguel.

Suddenly, Miguel became the overseer of the staff, and there were maids we'd never seen before.

Okay. Then, after Kay Alden had that pitchfork dug into the b!tch, they never replaced the maid!!!

When Estella was introduced, it was as the concierge. The backstory said she'd been there for a while. Just like the frickin' maids that Bill Bell suddenly invented.

Why are we nitpicking at this device when MAB uses it, but Bill Bell did the same darn thing in 1998 or whenever???

lmao.gif

I cannot, cannot, cannot wait to see this. Just as I cannot wait to see him comfort his mentally ill "Mary Jane".

• Members

Thank you, Mark.. for pointing out Veronica. We must believe that there is staff at the Newmans, Abbotts, and Chancellors that we never see, unless thke writers WANT US TO. I mean, form 1982-1984, you never saw the Abbott gardener until Brad came along. Are we to beleive that John or Jill went out there and cut their own grass? Kay used to have Jeff, her stable boy, come up to service her in 1974/75... we haven't seen a stable boy since, are we to believe an 80 year old woman saddles her own horse? Remember the episode where Victor fired the staff? There were at least 7 or 8 people in that room.

• Members

Maybe because Veronica Landers was actually interesting and we were never told to believe Nikki had developed years worth of a close friendship with her. Give me Landers over this gaslighting sh!t ANY DAY.

Oh, and Estella of course claiming she was new to the Ranch last summer...

Archived