Y&R: Week of June 15-19, 2009

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

way OT now but... i think that the reason they dont is because KC likes her, and owes her. She will forever be there in name now i think. I dont carfe, whatever works. If only other soaps could make it work and pelase the fans.

and i love it.

• Members

Writing off Tyra and Heather is a mistake IMO. Tyra's potential was squandered with her story placement and Heather just shouldn't go anywhere. I think Vail has shown chemistry with several people and her exit shows they have no true devotion to the Williams family. Patty is back and now it's just confirmed to me that Paul and Heather (or the fact that she's Patty) will play a tiny role in this. It's confirming to me that this is a soon to be forgotten plot driven tale. That's some Lynn Latham sh!t. Shame because I do think Stacy Haiduk had potential.

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Jun 19 2009, 04:40 PM)
That's some Lynn Latham sh!t. Shame because I do think Stacy Haiduk had potential.

The show at the moment reminds me a great deal of Latham's final year, just with a somewhat slower pacing style, and yeah, it's crappy and lazy writing.

• Members

I do see that, these stories are similar, but better executed and slower paced. Still, I'm noticing things are getting more and more plot driven. I still find the show very enjoyable, but it's certainly not great like it was. It'll be interesting to see how the year progresses and if they make improvements.

Tricia Cast is making me overlook all the ridiculous aspects of this story. She makes it seem so real and her performances seem effortless. The trio is doing a GREAT job. In the hands of lesser actors this just wouldn't work.

• Members

You did a whole lot worse. Many of the things were unforgivable.

But as I said, this is getting tedious, tiring, nauseating and what not and I really want to let these people live, people who want to post like normal human beings in the weekly thread without being distracted by petty & nasty message board "wars". :)

• Members

I still don't know why they needed to go back to Billy/Mac at this moment. I guess they thought this was the perfect time to show him torn between his duty and his true love, but having this on the heels of months and months of selfish, callous behavior and thinking with his dick makes him look awful, and doesn't do much for Mac. There was so much they could have done with Billy on his return and instead they've made him almost impossible to sit through.

I third or fourth the stuff about begging Tricia Cast to make more frequent appearances. I don't want Nina to stay around if they have no story for her but as long as they have her being as powerful as she has been since her return, I would love to see more of her. I've missed seeing Nina, and I'm so happy that they brought back the Nina who was tough but whose emotions were also constantly near the surface. When she was stuck with Ryan, and later Tomas, she would either be too emotional or she would be a complete zombie. I think she's at her best when she's around the Chancellors.

Are they going to have Amber in some of this story, since she was the one who helped bring Cane to Genoa City?

• Members

Oh wow - I love MJ and Cane!!! Yes I said it! They were electric. I would so love for MJ to be with a hero! They have alot in common - both impostors - and I bet MJ is WAY better in the hay than Lily. If he does stay - which is a valid question - I'd love to see him fight for his new lady and defend her from all the folks who will hater her. and I would actually love him for that.

Archived