Y&R: Week of June 15-19, 2009

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes it has and I admit I definetly view her different now. She is written alot differently from when I hated her in the past. I just remember her being this annoying loud mouth biyatch and then towards the end of her run she was incredibly bland and boring. That horrible haircut she had didnt do her any wonders either. It helps that she now has a good storyline and she's grown up and matured. I have to say I am enjoying her and how hell bent she is on exposing Cane

Whore! LOL....j/k. Are there any other Chanceller men out there for her to snag?

• Members

Nina is at her best when she's in this more determined mode, and when she's around the Chancellors. If you only saw her when she was with Ryan and Tomas (I especially hated the triangle with Ryan and Tricia and the rewrite that said she slept with Cole, done so viewers would be less put off by Ryan going with Tricia), then I'm not surprised you weren't too sure of her. But Nina's a great, great character, and Y&R have done right by her so far on this return.

• Members

I'm so glad Nina's is being cemented back into this show. I also like how the 3 Chancellor divas are letting their powers unite in an almost mythic, comic book way. Like they're so attached by their love of Phillip that the only way to bring him back or reveal the truth is by all three of them working together, albeit reluctantly. Am I reaching?

I REALLY cannot fathom how they're going to explain the paternity case of Chloe and Cane. It makes no sense for Cane to use Phillips DNA for a blood test and if he did he'd KNOW he wasn't the father and therefore he'd NEVER marry Chloe. I'm starting to wonder if this will be addressed as certainly Jill would have brought it up, right?

The only solution I can think of is that Chloe used Billy's DNA, how she did it, I don't know. But that's the only way it would be plausible. But this would stall her re-characterization from bad-Chloe to repented, changed Chloe.

And I still want them to explain how all those DNA tests on Jill/Kay were wrong.

• Members

LOL

:lol::lol::lol:

Wouldn't you love to be a fly on the wall the day someone says that to her??

WASN'T THAT AWESOME???

What utter f*cking chemistry! I'm totally loving this catastrophically anxious Cane. He's so much better when he's not a dupe or a sap.

Nah. Billy is a slut now, but we SAW him in high school.

I wonder if she switched to a wig because her underlying hair is short...in prep for a future

story.

I never liked Nina in the past. I thought she brought a lot to the show in the start--baby switch and then her battles with Jill/Kay. Those were awesome. I guess I enjoyed her stories all the way through David Kimble.

Then, with Ryan and Tomas and her clinical depression story...I was bored. I was ready for her to leave the show.

But I'm totally enjoying this return.

Yes, exactly. Those three can go from fighting to comrades-in-arms in seconds. I love that. Even today, I loved how Kay could address both love and anger with Jill.

The mystery of how this DNA stuff happened is actually one of the compelling pieces of all of this.

If Kay

, he'll be on.

I want him as barrista at Crimson Lights, talk-to and moral center for all.

• Members

I don't think he's needed for this story, but I'd like to see Katherine confide in him about her troubles. Or see him bond with Jill. Katherine's always been from money, hasn't she? Jill spent the first 20 years of her life middle class, if that. I'd like to see them become friends.

I know budgetwise we can't see him very often, and I'd rather he be in the background than killed off, but perhaps we could just hear footsteps going up the stairs as fast as possible every time another Jill/Nina/Katherine round is about to start. :lol:

• Members

It would appear that Phillip was more like his mom and dad then we ever could have realized (or the writers back then!)

But seriously - if Jill wants some money and she's so damn sue happy, she should sue each and every DNA lab!!! She'd get a huge settlement!

Archived