GH: June Discussion Thread

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, Sarah Brown IS (the real) Carly, but I do adore Laura Wright as the leading lady.

Few notes here..

How is Olivia a cow? and WHY did Sonny/Claudia have sex?!?!?! I am SO sick of these two together..

• Members

I've actually loved all the actors who've portrayed Carly, except for that 3rd one. :lol:

However, I'm a little annoyed that Carly has become the heroine of the show. :rolleyes:

Sonny/Claudia had sex because 1) they love and respect each other or 2) Guza is the devil. Take your pick. LOL!!

• Members

I find it hysterical that in about a year, Sarah Brown was repositioned into the character Carly used to be when Brown played her. Involved with Sonny, pathological liar, constantly scrambling to further herself and protect her own ass. Sure, she goes by Claudia now, but isn't this all the same stuff she was doing as Carly? Right down to the pregnancy with the undetermined father and lying without blinking.

Of course it would be easy for the actual Carly role to get watered down by that. It's like bringing in a twin sister after years and the first sister starts to get bland so the new sister can appear interesting. What's a shame is that GH should have just been the ass we know they really are and fired Wright and given Brown the role of Carly back. Because the major thing working against Brown right now is that she doesn't have legitimate family ties to the canvas. Without connection to a core family, Brown's character is easily removable from the canvas with little affect on the rest of it.

• Members

Re-hiring Sarah Brown as a new almost exactly the same Carly character has brought craziness to the GH which was ramped up with NL's return. They did not fire LW so they must like her or consider her popular and an asset. How LWCarly is written suggests that they do not think that she can play SBCarly. Yet they must know the character of Claudia has been a bust so if anyone should worry it is Brown. Guza loves Brown so much that she is safe. They will keep hoping that the writing and Brown can turn things around. They demand that she take a pay cut, re-sign her in the fall and the craziness will continue.

Archived